Saved games location?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

stormbringer3

Saved games location?

Post by stormbringer3 »

I can find the saved games if I use the load game from inside the game. However, if I open the Matrix game folder for this game I can't find the saved game folder in there. I've been looking where to find it but no luck so far. All my other Matrix titles have a saved game folder inside the Game's folder.
Any help would be appreciated.
Raap

RE: Saved games location?

Post by Raap »

Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Codeforce\DistantWorlds\VersionNumber\SavedGames

Don't ask me why they couldn't just keep it in the game folder for convenience ^__^
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

Users\....\AppData\Roaming\CodeForceLimited\Distant Worlds\1.9.5.0\SavedGames
CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for your replies. I agree with Raap. What needless complication. Maybe they will change this in the future.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Raap

Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Codeforce\DistantWorlds\VersionNumber\SavedGames

Don't ask me why they couldn't just keep it in the game folder for convenience ^__^
Hello Raap.
My assumption would be that Elliot set it that way so that more than one user on a
single computer could have separate savegames. Let's say that two brothers share the
same computer at home. Setting it this way would allow both brothers to play the same
version with separate savegames seamlessly.
[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Raap

Post by Raap »

Ye, that might be a fair point I guess.

I just have yet to see someone actually use multiple accounts on a single computer ^__^
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

I just have yet to see someone actually use multiple accounts on a single computer ^__^
Just imagine a family with 4 or 5 kids, two of them in their late teens at home. Most
likely won't have 3 or more desktops or laptops for each. In addition, each user can
set their own settings (password, themes, background, etc.).
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It would probably be better to put them in My Games under Documents. I have some other games that do that.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

It would probably be better to put them in My Games under Documents. I have some other games that do that.
I can concur with that. But in my opinion, I think Elliot most likely made the best decision where
they currently are. Remember, DW is compatible across four different operating systems (WinXP, Vista,
Win 7 and 8), plus single and multi-core processors. Each of the OP's My Documents structure is handled a bit differently across each. Probably was the best out.
kentcol

Post by kentcol »

Have Windows 7 and I don't have a folder named AppData. Looked everywhere for my saved games but can"t find them. This sucks!
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It is hidden by default.

For windows 7, exploring the folder. Go

Organize
Folder and search options
View
And change to "show hidden files, folders and drives" at about 6th from the top.
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

fortunately as a pc game you can name your saves, my bro and I use one account because having two is horribly unwieldy in windows. I imagine a family with five kids either have no computer systems of any type or they have a couple pcs, a laptop, a couple ipads and each a smartphone.
davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

With the new beta update the save games are now in a different location ( see change list )

DavidR

Return to “Tech Support”