Shipset

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

drillerman

Shipset

Post by drillerman »

Shipset. I didn't design the ships just found them on the internet. Download in second post.

These ships were originally made by Okim. and bastardized by me.

Attachments
20140526_083130.jpg
20140526_083130.jpg (490.46 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Huh?
drillerman

RE: Shipset

Post by drillerman »

Shipset.zip
Attachments
Shipset.zip
(3.45 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
Huh?
Deon

Post by Deon »

This one is definitely going to be useful for someone. Did you see the name of the Author? Leaving a credit or link to his work would be cool. I want to see more from where this came from.
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

I recognize the ships as coming from a mod to the Starsector game
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
rankalee

Post by rankalee »

ORIGINAL: Gareth_Bryne

I recognize the ships as coming from a mod to the Starsector game

Aye. Its from Project Ironclads for Starsector by Okim, which is a really awesome mod I must mention... the guy has crazy talent.

Go check it here.
link: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=431.0

ChildServices

Post by ChildServices »

Somebody should ask his permission and port across the rest of the ships, because there is some pretty damn cool stuff in that mod.
Alexander the Great, his name struck fear into hearts of men.
Mad Igor

Post by Mad Igor »

2 cartoonish and doesn't blend in to DW imo.
drillerman

Post by drillerman »

That's right. starsector. Lots of good ships on the forum. Another good one is battleships forever.

@mad igor. Funny you say that. I always felt the Gratuitous space battles ships were a bit like that.
Huh?
Solarius Scorch

Post by Solarius Scorch »

ORIGINAL: rankalee
Its from Project Ironclads for Starsector by Okim, which is a really awesome mod I must mention... the guy has crazy talent.

Yep. He also made the Advanced Combat Mod for UFO: Aftershock, which I consider essential to the game... :)
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!
Okim

Post by Okim »

Khem... Here i am.

First of all - that`s not good to take someone`s work without permission, but i suppose that you took these from somewhere where they were already taken without asking me about it. I`d like to know where you picked them from.
Secondly - it pains me to see how my ships were melded into carriers, freighters and other pieced together stuff like the bases, but i can deal with it.

So, what should we do with this? I don`t mind if you use the ships, but please at least upgrade the sprites with drive and light positions (pure blue and pure yellow pixels IIRC). And put the link to the mod in your original post with proper credits.

Just for your information - i have no problems with anyone making other shipsets based on my mod.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=431.0

drillerman

Post by drillerman »

First of all - that`s not good to take someone`s work without permission, but i suppose that you took these from somewhere where they were already taken without asking me about it. I`d like to know where you picked them from.

Sorry! Star Sector forums.
Secondly - it pains me to see how my ships were melded into carriers, freighters and other pieced together stuff like the bases, but i can deal with it.

Sorry! ...and thanks.
So, what should we do with this? I don`t mind if you use the ships, but please at least upgrade the sprites with drive and light positions (pure blue and pure yellow pixels IIRC). And put the link to the mod in your original post with proper credits.

Drives and lights were already done. and done.

Just for your information - i have no problems with anyone making other shipsets based on my mod.

thanks. that's great.
Huh?
Okim

Post by Okim »

That`s odd. Other than my mod`s thread there is no other place on the forums where you can get my ships. At least i`m not aware of it.
drillerman

Post by drillerman »

Hi Okim. I got them from the link above at the star sector forum. Was this OK. If not I'll take them off and just use them for myself. I do own star sector BTW. If that helps. Regards
Huh?
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

It is a very nice ship set.
I like having varieties of ships.
Actually I like having both the same ships for different races AND varieties...
Same ships because it makes you very careful before you open fire on someone...
And different ships... well, because they are different.

It is a cool ship set though.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Okim

Post by Okim »

ORIGINAL: drillerman

Hi Okim. I got them from the link above at the star sector forum. Was this OK. If not I'll take them off and just use them for myself. I do own star sector BTW. If that helps. Regards

That`s the thread of my Ironclads mod for Starsector. Yes, its ok to use them.

Return to “Design and Modding”