[1.9.5.0]Pirate empire - Fleet not loading troops from colony

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Raap

[1.9.5.0]Pirate empire - Fleet not loading troops from colony

Post by Raap »

I appear to be having some difficulty loading troops onto my ships. The colony is a Criminal Network-converted planet(Naxxil 1). There are dozens of infantry and armed troops available on it, my fleet has 3900 troop capacity, yet I can't seem to get it to load them properly.

Most of the time, nothing whatsoever is loaded even though the fleet ships all dock at the planet. Sometimes, after repeated attempts, it will load a few troops, bringing it up to 600/3900 capacity at which point it stops completely.

I thought maybe the empire policy setting had something to do with it(specifically, garrison level), so I disabled automatic control on that field and tried loading troops again, which led to a game crash with the following log:

Code: Select all

System.ArgumentException: Målmatrisen var ikke lang nok. Kontroller destIndex og lengde samt matrisens nedre grenser.
    ved System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
    ved System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ToArray()
    ved DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.ProcessMessages()
    ved DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasksPirates()
    ved DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
    ved DistantWorlds.Main.FdBUFMiRsEsr6rPG3GV(Object )
    ved DistantWorlds.Main.PY4TnI0la2(Object )
 [/quote]

Roughly translated as "The targeted matrix was not long enough. Verify destIndex and length as well as the matrix's lower limits."

Game uploaded as "Raap_fleetNotLoadingTroops". The game has my fleet(#2) trying to load troops from Naxxil 1 without success.

On a pirate-empire related note, constructing facilities from the lower-left toolbar does not work after the planet has been conquered using the Criminal Network. Should be able to reproduce it on Nixxil 1 in the same saved game. Constructing them using the right-click menu or the colony screen appears to work fine however.
elliotg

RE: [1.9.5.0]Pirate empire - Fleet not loading troops from colony

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for that report and savegame Raap

Looks like those transports are trying to load the armored troops which are too big to fit in their available troop space. They could load the infantry, but they're being a bit stupid about it :)

We'll fix this in the next update so that they load the first ungarrisoned troop that fits in their available troop space.

In the meantime you can manually load troops in the Colonies screen, troops tab. Select a troop at left and use the Transfer button to move it to a nearby troop carrier.

That crash report also gives us enough info to fix this in the next update too (although it's actually unrelated to troop loading).

Thanks
Elliot
Raap

RE: [1.9.5.0]Pirate empire - Fleet not loading troops from colony

Post by Raap »

Great, thanks! Didn't even consider the size thing.

PS. Using the colonies screen to transfer troops, I was able to load armored troops into my ships despite not meeting the size requirement. Ended up with 5600/3900 capacity after fully loading.

Return to “Tech Support”