AppHang on Theme Switch

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

gnooble

AppHang on Theme Switch

Post by gnooble »

Hello there, I'm using the Steam Version of Universe and whenever the theme starts to switch (including loading a save) I get this error and have to crash out of the game. DxDiag attached.

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: DistantWorlds.exe
Application Version: 1.9.5.0
Application Timestamp: 5000a574
Hang Signature: 2264
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Hang Signature 2: 875f
Additional Hang Signature 3: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
Additional Hang Signature 4: 2264
Additional Hang Signature 5: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Hang Signature 6: 875f
Additional Hang Signature 7: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
PaulWRoberts

RE: AppHang on Theme Switch

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Are you using any mods? I was getting theme-switch crashes with the "Expanded" mod installed. When I reinstalled without the mod, the crashes stopped.
gnooble

Post by gnooble »

Just the base game from Steam.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Hi gnooble

Which theme are you using?

Theme switching can take some time, up to a minute or more. So you may just need to give DW some more time to complete the switch?

Thanks
Elliot
gnooble

Post by gnooble »

I'm using the default theme, I first noticed it when my save game got stuck on "Switching Theme" and then the error popped. I then tried to manually switch and got the same error - I'll see what happens if I just let it run though.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

also what operating system are you using? windows 8.1 will or could give you a error code hang in some games if it is working in the background and windows thinks its taking too long also, this isn't a game error either, its a windows error/function, if your not using windows 8.1 ignore this post :) (and i'm not support either so my thoughts are my own) but tbh can't break anything just offering the help......

things to alter or check if you are using this, right click on the game exe properties and alter to run as admin, or run the game in compatibility mode for lets say windows 7 or windows xp sp3 or do both options admin and compat etc, this will disable the advanced memory management features of windows 8.1 and most of the time stop the game from hanging / the game exe etc, or even windows from thinking its hanging so doesn't give the error or log one either, the only down side is when you close the game exe you get a few second delay from the normal exit, apart from that games works 100%

txt size needs to be looked at, as default is so small is sucks your eyes out after a few mins, but nothing else to mention tbh, good luck

ps, sorry it's not info for you either as you're running windows 7 as well from info provided.

Start - type this in Search Box -> COMMAND find at top and RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN

Enter this at the prompt - sfc /scannow

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/15 ... ecker.html

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program
generates in Windows Vista cbs.log (and Windows 7)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

The log might give you the answer if there was a corrupted driver. (Does not tell all the possible
driver issues).

Also run CheckDisk so we can rule out corruption as much as possible.

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/43 ... check.html

Often updating drivers will help, usually Video

info in bold is from M/S and not my work either, here's the link just incase you want to edit or delete my post and thoughts,

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... fa592010c2
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”