Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Arkblade

Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally

Post by Arkblade »

Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally.
it can't take display in-game windows and UI.
if you take Screenshot from Steam Screenshot Function, it will only display space.

temporary fix:
you put any screenshots to
Steam\userdata\****(any number)\760\remote\261470\screenshots
and
Steam\userdata\****(any number)\760\remote\261470\screenshots\thumbnails
(if you can, resized it. 200x113)
and reboot steam. it recognized by steam.
Buio

RE: Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally

Post by Buio »

It's the same problem with Fraps. Guessing Steam takes it screenshots the same way.
Tree Dog

Post by Tree Dog »

With FRAPS too?
That's weird, it used to work in previous versions.
Was it the Steam version?
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

When I record videos of the game, I need to set my recording software Bandicam to just record Full Screen and not Direct X/Open GL Window as with other games. I guess it's because of how Distant Worlds is a different kind of software, created and maintained in a different way, than your regular games. It resembles a Windows application more than an actual game in that department.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

When I record videos of the game, I need to set my recording software Bandicam to just record Full Screen and not Direct X/Open GL Window as with other games. I guess it's because of how Distant Worlds is a different kind of software, created and maintained in a different way, than your regular games. It resembles a Windows application more than an actual game in that department.

Yes, things changed in Shadows when DW moved to the XNA engine for its graphics. I had to change my recording setup to compensate as it was missing the UI interface in the final video.
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

Same thing with my streaming software (Xsplit) --- it captures the main game screen, but none of the pop ups (events, design screens, etc.). Using screen capture is the only way to stream (that I've discovered at least)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”