Tiny icons and fonts a problem?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

major.pain

Tiny icons and fonts a problem?

Post by major.pain »

Just thought i would repost this workarond i tried thanks to Spidey on the Distant Worlds forums where more of you may happen to read it, i just set it up for John Tiller Campaign Series and it works a treat.

How to have your game run in a different resolution without the need to change your desktop display.

The program is called 12 Noon Display Changer and is free and very simple to use. All you need to do when you install the the program is find the "Display Changer 1024x786" shortcut in the Start menu right click it, select properties and in the Target box change the height and width to a resolution you want to try along with adding the path to the autorun.exe in the JTCS folder or other game and your good, no more tiny icons ect :)
For example my shortcut Target line to run JTCS at 1024x786

"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -width=1024 -height=768 /c "f:\John Tiller's Campaign Series\autorun.exe"

Now JTCS runs at the lower resolution and when i quite the game my desktop reverts back to 1920x1080 without messing up my desktop organization. Wish i found this sooner, great for older games on new displays :)

Link below.

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80
Deon

RE: Tiny icons and fonts a problem?

Post by Deon »

Thanks for the heads up. Is it impossible to change the icon size in the custom theme? I'll have to look at that.
major.pain

RE: Tiny icons and fonts a problem?

Post by major.pain »

Custom theme of Distant Worlds? I have Distant Worlds running @1600x900 instead of native 1920x1080 using the Display Changer and the text and icons ect are a little easier on my eyes, same with JTCS, its a great tool :)

Return to “General Discussion”