How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Surtur

How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

Post by Surtur »

Hi guys

For those who already own one or more games/expansions in the Distant Worlds series, we have created a system for you to upgrade to Universe. You will be able to get a $ 10 discount for every Distant Worlds game/expansion you own. This means that, if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May) we are giving for a total of $ 50 off the regular price.

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

Note: Make sure to register ALL your Distant Worlds content before generating the coupon. It can only be done once, so if you do it before you registered all Distant Worlds keys, you will not be able to use the full discount!

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

This procedure will remain in place until Augusts 31st.
Raap

RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

Post by Raap »

Thanks, downloading!
OzoneGrif_slith

Post by OzoneGrif_slith »

Hmm I just got $30 because the original Distant World wasn't registered in my account.
Too bad I've read this information after I made the coupon ^.^

It's okay these $10 will be to support DW's future patches.
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

I just went into members club, and only Legends and Return are listed. I clicked the register game link on the left, and tried to input my base DW serial # in, but it says I am already registered....don't want to lose out on $20 coupon...can someone verify that I don't have to have all 4 listed in Members club if they are all registered?

edit: To clarify--under "my registered serial numbers" link, I show all four registered. However, in Members club, only the Legends and Return expansions are showing. Am I safe to click the coupon?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Galen you'll need to contact support to look in to this. They are waiting for your mail!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

Thanks!
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Cool, downloading with no worries ...
DrApostle

Post by DrApostle »

Galen,

You can click the "my discount coupons" link and it will show how much you will receive off before you click another link to claim your coupon.
deadfolk

Post by deadfolk »

I can't do this atm, as I have no idea of the password I used when I ordered DW back in 2010 - and I don't have access to that email address any more, so I can't reset it. I've opened a ticket with Matrix...fingers crossed!

Edit: Matrix has officially the best customer support in the world. Guess what I'm playing tonight?
ttube

Post by ttube »

I also have all expansions but did not register all. Got #10 discount instead of $40.

Email sent to support and awaiting reply.

I am pretty sure I checked the forum prior to ordering and did not see this thread but I could be wromg. I am confident that Matrix will rectify the error.
Umpa

Post by Umpa »

Yeah, i have register my "Distant Worlds" under another account as the addons, hope the can fix this so i can spare 10$ more :D
Und wenn wir marschieren,
dann leuchtet ein Licht,
daß Dunkel und Wolken
strahlend durchbricht.
deadfolk

Post by deadfolk »

ORIGINAL: Umpa

Yeah, i have register my "Distant Worlds" under another account as the addons, hope the can fix this so i can spare 10$ more :D

I'm sure they will fix this - my situation was similar (but worse), and they registered everything against a single account for me.
ergie

Post by ergie »

Done :)
Thanks, now I hope my family leave some time to play the game :)
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Great policy on the discount, very much appreciated, Matrix.

FingNewGuy

Post by FingNewGuy »

ORIGINAL: Galen

I just went into members club, and only Legends and Return are listed. I clicked the register game link on the left, and tried to input my base DW serial # in, but it says I am already registered....don't want to lose out on $20 coupon...can someone verify that I don't have to have all 4 listed in Members club if they are all registered?

edit: To clarify--under "my registered serial numbers" link, I show all four registered. However, in Members club, only the Legends and Return expansions are showing. Am I safe to click the coupon?

I had the same kind of issue, have submitted Help Desk Ticket. Anyone know how long I should realistically wait for action on it?
gldavis

Post by gldavis »

I also clicked the button before I realized that my original Distant Worlds was not registered. I checked the forum before I attempted to purchase but this was mot posted yet so I did not realize that it was a one time deal. I just want to know if this is possible to correct, knowing that it was my fault for not reading the product page carefully enough, because I want this game ASAP.

Thanks gldavis
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

All sorted out---customer support working as quickly as usual! Thanks (and yes, I noticed after CustServ got back in touch that I could have checked the coupon amount before claiming--good advice to those wondering).
Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa »

Grabbing my copy now thank you!
Algon

Post by Algon »

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but I initially thought that the members area would only let me register Legends and Shakturi, since they were the only ones listed there. I was about to contact support when I noticed the 'register game' link on the right...

Might be worth mentioning somewhere prominent that the link is the one to use, rather than trying (in vain) to find all your games in the list. It might save your support staff from being hassled by idiots like me. :P
SlapBone

Post by SlapBone »

Slitherine getting hammered right now? DDoSed yourself by linking from the Steam forums?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”