What game are you "most" playing right now?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Twotribes

RE: What game are you "most" playing right now?

Post by Twotribes »

The scenario GD1938 for ATgold.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
DSWargamer

Post by DSWargamer »

Gem games. On my tablet.

Recently bought Baldur's Gate Enhanced though for tablet.
I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Close Combat Kharkov mod
Mini Metro
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Bookman

Post by Bookman »

Qvadriga
Piercing Fortress Europe
On my Kindle Fire: John Tiller's Kharkov '42
Cuba Libre
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

I haven't bought any new games lately, so I generally stick with my tried and true favorites, such as SPWaW, WIA 2, Korsun Pocket/TAO and even AoE III. Occasionally I fire up my modded version of Silent Hunter II or even one of the Battleground games. BG: Bull Run is a fave. My games provide a good cross-section of time periods, so I don't need to have a huge collection. Futuristic space warfare games don't interest me.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

1) Skyrim
2) Sim City
3) War in the Pacific: AE

Sim City: Don't know why everyone thinks the new Sim City sucks. I've played 'em all from 1 on up and the new one is the BEST of the lot.

WIP: AE - big improvement over the original WIP. Less to micromanage but still a monster with lots and lots to do. 1 or 2 turns a day is about all my 62 year old, hates micromanagement, brain can handle. Good exercise for the mind.

Skyrim: Pure unadulterated mindless get lost in the game world fun.

Does it have auto pipelines now for water and auto build electric lines? That's what always turned me off to it. All those lines I had to connect and run.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

1) Skyrim
2) Sim City

Sim City: Don't know why everyone thinks the new Sim City sucks. I've played 'em all from 1 on up and the new one is the BEST of the lot.

WIP: AE - big improvement over the original WIP. Less to micromanage but still a monster with lots and lots to do. 1 or 2 turns a day is about all my 62 year old, hates micromanagement, brain can handle. Good exercise for the mind.

Does it have auto pipelines now for water and auto build electric lines? That's what always turned me off to it. All those lines I had to connect and run.

Yep!
Now you can concentrate on putting together a city - I hated having to micromanage stuff that a city manager or mayor would never even think about.

Also single player is now enabled and the biggest deal for me is you can tailor cities to a particular specialization so they can all work together.

Not my favorite game by any means but definitely the best of the Sim Cities and gets 4 or 5 hours a week out of me when out of the clear blue an idea about how to build a better more efficient city hits me.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Labyrinth, Russo-German War 41-44 and Across the Dnepr 2nd Edition
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

1) Skyrim
2) Sim City

Yep!
Now you can concentrate on putting together a city - I hated having to micromanage stuff that a city manager or mayor would never even think about.

Also single player is now enabled and the biggest deal for me is you can tailor cities to a particular specialization so they can all work together.

Not my favorite game by any means but definitely the best of the Sim Cities and gets 4 or 5 hours a week out of me when out of the clear blue an idea about how to build a better more efficient city hits me.

So, is it Sim City IV or what for the title now. I might give it a looksee since they took out all that micromanagement.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Age of Empires 2
Kerbal Space Program
Rise of Prussia
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Horizon: Humans in space (4x strategy game)
Iwbtone

Post by Iwbtone »

Papers, Please

P.S.: Glory to Arstotzka[:D]
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Rome II Total War with DEI mod. Or AIOM.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Qvadriga
HPS Campaign Gettysburg; Chickamauga; and Waterloo
Soon: Distant Worlds - Universe
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Armored Brigdade for last 6 years.
Grackle

Post by Grackle »

Command: It keeps getting better and better. Never thought I'd see a modern computer naval and air warfare simulation this good in my lifetime.[&o]
System Specs: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 960@3.20 GHZ; 12 GB RAM, AMD RADEON 6800 Series video card, Primary resolution 1920 X 1080, Direct X10
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

I just came back to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. From 2004 or so until 2008 I used to play a lot. A lot of fun [:)]

But this time we play in tandem. I convinced my best mate to join the massacre so we join the same server
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

ORIGINAL: Iwbtone

Papers, Please

P.S.: Glory to Arstotzka[:D]

That game has absolutely no right to be fun to play.

Loving it....

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Haven't had much free time over the last few weeks, so I mostly just get in a couple rounds of CS:GO on a daily basis. When I do have free time it's been taken up by my new-found interest in board games. Specifically the Pathfinder card game which is quite fun.

I've been hankering for some tactical WW2 goodness, but can't decide between SPWAW or JT's Campaign Series. I already have both (thanks to sale induced impulse buys) but have yet to master the basics of either. I'm thinking about doing a US Marine campaign in the Pacific, which do you guys think would be better?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Marine Campaign in the Pacific.

Return to “General Discussion”