Evil empire

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

pjdegrieck

Evil empire

Post by pjdegrieck »

Why can't I have an evil empire that exterminated all other species?

After enough planetary bombardments, and extermination orders, my own fleets break away, and colonies declare independence. This occurs even under a government type that's a Hivemind.

Will universe change this? I want to be the bad guys or once.
pycco

RE: Evil empire

Post by pycco »

you can, this is how i prefer to play my self. you need to change the colonization settings to enslave or exterminate. just because you have hive mind does not mean other species will. if the conquered planet has a empire with the same species they will not accept your rule, this is shown by rebellion or becoming independent, station troops at said planet will cause a civil war on said planet instead of instant independent status. yet still if your empire is very unhappy you can have a rebellion at your home world even.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
pjdegrieck

Post by pjdegrieck »

I do use the extermination orders when colonizing. It's bombardment that seems to give me huge issues.
pycco

Post by pycco »

ok, bombardment causes unhappiness due to pollution, you are using nukes. that's why they are switching to independent. it requires a bit of micro management to finish them off with nukes. what i do to counter this is invade, invading IMO is generally better especial if i already have an advantage in troop numbers. i generally use the bot troops they suck so bad but they are soooo much cheaper than elite units,that way i can leave 20 units of bots along with 1-2 tanks and special ops units. enslaving other species does make money as well.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Osito

Post by Osito »

I wonder whether this could be changed in Universe, as you will be able to set a value for "Population's concern over own reputation". If you create a new government type with this value set to zero, perhaps the population wouldn't care about bombardment??
Osito
feygan

Post by feygan »

Only half assed evil's use bombardment, the true evil races invade. Invade then use the captured population in live streamed events of combat/execution/torture until they are all wiped out for the entertainment and glory of the empires own race. Plus none of that nasty fallout ruining a perfectly usable world.
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Radioactive fallout doesn't ruin perfectly good worlds, it turns great prison camp planets into fabulous prison camp planets.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

ORIGINAL: Spidey

Radioactive fallout doesn't ruin perfectly good worlds, it turns great prison camp planets into fabulous prison camp planets.

I like your style, sir.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

LOL, sounds like we have a lot of Insectoids in here ;)
pycco

Post by pycco »

Insectoids? na i play humans it fits perfect we enslave one another because of skin color imagine the atrocities we would commit on another species that was actual different other than skin color.
-Mark Twain
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Actually I'm terrible at being evil. But when it happens, it really happens.

For the most part, however, I tend to be nearly insect-aggressive with non-insect races in the name of freedom and universal enlightenment. Can't have all those people (sitting on all those resources) trapped in silly stone age societies, can we now? And the more of them I kill, the less tax contributors I end up with. So yeah, for the most part I'm a saintly kind of guy who totally cares about the welfare of my peoples. [:)]
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

ORIGINAL: pycco

Insectoids? na i play humans it fits perfect we enslave one another because of skin color imagine the atrocities we would commit on another species that was actual different other than skin color.

In order to reach space, one would think we'd have to move beyond our own petty species' wars :D
ChildServices

Post by ChildServices »

ORIGINAL: FireLion1983

In order to reach space, one would think we'd have to move beyond our own petty species' wars :D

That or the master race won said wars. ;)
Alexander the Great, his name struck fear into hearts of men.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

ORIGINAL: ChildServices

ORIGINAL: FireLion1983

That or the master race won said wars. ;)

A good, if unnerving, point! [:D]
pycco

Post by pycco »

wow master race really? fraking Nazi's the only "master" race is a blend of all ethnic backgrounds.
-Mark Twain

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”