Regarding Production allocation

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

HermanGraf

Regarding Production allocation

Post by HermanGraf »

Hey guys, I'll just some up my question with a scenario I am in.

I attached a stug btn. To an infantry division in AGS turn 1. This division saw heavy combat and suffered badly in these victories. When I took a look at the divison after the battle about 12 out of the 14 stugs (ignore #s not quite sure what they were) were damaged/destroyed. I moved on with the turn and looked at production on turn 2. It looks like 18 stugs have been produced and placed in the production pool. How do I get those bright shiny stugs to that battalion?
DorianGray

RE: Regarding Production allocation

Post by DorianGray »

You have no direct control over equipment replacement or reinforcements. However, there are some things you can do to influence allocation.

1. Put unit in Refit mode.
2. Do not move.
3. Be on a railhead.

As far a support units, you can reassign the SU back to OKH, which should most likely meet all of the above criteria. Then reassign it back to the division the next turn.

Also, you can play with the reinforcement % for all of you units, but I would not mess with it solely to get Stug reinforcements to a particular SU.
Schmart

RE: Regarding Production allocation

Post by Schmart »

One thing to note about Support Units, is that they are always by default on refit with no way of turning it off. Kinda sucks but when you think of playing around with refit on 100s and 100s of Support Units, it's probably best and simplest.

The effect this has, however, is that it can sometimes make it difficult to direct replacements via on-map unit refit. I've noticed that Russian artillery can really suffer from this, as there can be a lot of Rifle Divisions and artillery support units sucking up artillery replacements, causing on-map Artillery Divisions to fill up slowly. The one aspect of player control that can affect this is TOE %. However, this works best at directing replacements AWAY from support units (by setting that support unit type to 50% TOE) and into on-map units, not the other way around. The only thing you can do to give a small priority to particular support units, would be to reduce the majority of that unit type to 50% TOE, and leave your priority support units at 100%.

In the case of STUGs, because other on-map units will use that equipment you'd also have to reduce the TOE % of those units to give better priority to particular support units, but it's generally best not to focus replacements to support units by sacrificing on-map unit strength.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”