Prince Charles COMPARES Putin to Hitler!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Prince Charles COMPARES Putin to Hitler!!

Post by aaatoysandmore »

So, I guess it's over it was a "comparison" [:)]
Yogi the Great

RE: Prince Charles COMPARES Putin to Hitler!!

Post by Yogi the Great »

Yes it's over it was a comparison. Perhaps a good one but it's over.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Since WW2, we have compared bad or evil people or regimes with hitler and Nazis. What did they compare hitler/Nazis with during his rule? Napoleon,Ghengis,Attila,Nero?
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

The guy only said in a private conversation what 'politics' might prevent many of us from saying in a public one. Rather than 'compare Putin to Hitler' from what I gather what he actually did was compare Putin's recent actions with some of Hitler's in, presumably, 1938.

Readers can judge for themselves how accurate a comparison that might or might not be. Probably somewhere else as this no doubt strays into 'politics' and will shortly be locked.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Since WW2, we have compared bad or evil people or regimes with hitler and Nazis. What did they compare hitler/Nazis with during his rule? Napoleon,Ghengis,Attila,Nero?

Wow, VonRocko thas a good comparison from the past. It's a tough call but Nero was pretty bad and awful. Napoleon well I'm not sure he qualifies as a bad person. Ghengis an Atilla definitely though.

I think now there should be an exception and we should make the VonRocko Law. [&o] There are others that are bad and perhaps as bad as Hitler. I don't know how many died in that Fire Nero is supose to have started and sang while Rome burned but that was pretty awful if it was true.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Hertston

The guy only said in a private conversation what 'politics' might prevent many of us from saying in a public one. Rather than 'compare Putin to Hitler' from what I gather what he actually did was compare Putin's recent actions with some of Hitler's in, presumably, 1938.

Readers can judge for themselves how accurate a comparison that might or might not be. Probably somewhere else as this no doubt strays into 'politics' and will shortly be locked.

Yeah, and WHO brought politics into the subject? Hrmmmm? I was just bringing up that he made a "comparison" based on the other thread conversation Warspite and I were having. But, someONE else brought up "Politics". [:-]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Wow, VonRocko thas a good comparison from the past. It's a tough call but Nero was pretty bad and awful. Napoleon well I'm not sure he qualifies as a bad person. Ghengis an Atilla definitely though.

I think now there should be an exception and we should make the VonRocko Law. [&o] There are others that are bad and perhaps as bad as Hitler. I don't know how many died in that Fire Nero is supose to have started and sang while Rome burned but that was pretty awful if it was true.
warspite1

[Best pantomime voice] Oh yes he does!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Nothing - there were no internet forums in the 1930's/1940's.[;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

He could have hit him even lower by comparing him to Stalin.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yeah, Stalin killed a lot of innocent people too and if I'm not mistaken a bit earlier than Hitler and the Nazi's. Didn't he kill like 2 million of his own citizens? Been a long time since I read about him when I did read. [:'(]
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

If we take the time to look at all the people who were/are being called Hitler/Nazis, then it seems to me that Germany really did win ww2
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

Yeah, Stalin killed a lot of innocent people too and if I'm not mistaken a bit earlier than Hitler and the Nazi's. Didn't he kill like 2 million of his own citizens? Been a long time since I read about him when I did read. [:'(]

Stalin engineered an intentional family in Ukraine in 1932-33 that resulted in starvation and death for around 10 million people:

http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/genoci ... famine.htm

There were additional millions of people in the Soviet Union that were murdered at the direction of Stalin.

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

I assume you meant Famine not Family but either way I could see it killing millions.[:D]
ORIGINAL: chijohnaok

Stalin engineered an intentional family in Ukraine in 1932-33 that resulted in starvation and death for around 10 million people:

http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/genoci ... famine.htm

There were additional millions of people in the Soviet Union that were murdered at the direction of Stalin.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Where is Slaakman when you need him?
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

I think that quote sums up the man.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Starting to take after his dear old dad on the diplomatic front [:)]
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Return to “General Discussion”