Screen res

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
torrone

RE: Screen res

Post by torrone »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

I uploaded it last night and I believe it will be made available as a beta asap.

Besides an override button I also put in 2560x1440 resolution. It would be great if those that can run that resolution let me know how it looks.

Is that VER 1.02? Because if it is, the same problem still exists.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

No, its version "1.03 (beta)" and it hasn't been released yet.
torrone

Post by torrone »

This was about a week ago. Any idea when this update will go live?

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: torrone

This was about a week ago. Any idea when this update will go live?

1.03Beta was released earlier this week

Rick
torrone

Post by torrone »

Thanks, Rick. Something weird is still going on. While the game recognized the update on my old
XP laptop, it did not recognize it on my Windows 7 gaming laptop. So I went to the downloads
section and updated the game manually for the Win7 machine. The override is clickable, but no
matter what res I choose the screen looks the same. It is still somewhat too big for the
viewable area. In order to actually see the start button at the bottom of the screen I have to
Alt-Ctrl to see the desktop, right-click on the game icon on the taskbar, then pick the
Quick Start option. This then goes back to the startup screen and I can see about the top half
of the start button.
So I start the game, but the screen is still somewhat too large for the viewable area.
I can navigate with the arrows buttons or the mini-map function, but it still doesn't seem
to be working as intended. Funny but I have none of these problems on my 8 year old XP laptop.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks, Rick. Something weird is still going on. While the game recognized the update on my old
XP laptop, it did not recognize it on my Windows 7 gaming laptop. So I went to the downloads
section and updated the game manually for the Win7 machine. The override is clickable, but no
matter what res I choose the screen looks the same. It is still somewhat too big for the
viewable area. In order to actually see the start button at the bottom of the screen I have to
Alt-Ctrl to see the desktop, right-click on the game icon on the taskbar, then pick the
Quick Start option. This then goes back to the startup screen and I can see about the top half
of the start button.
So I start the game, but the screen is still somewhat too large for the viewable area.
I can navigate with the arrows buttons or the mini-map function, but it still doesn't seem
to be working as intended. Funny but I have none of these problems on my 8 year old XP laptop.

You might check your display properties and see what your DPI setting is.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display -- I have mine set to small (100%).

Other than that, maybe Frank will have some ideas.

Thanks
Rick
torrone

Post by torrone »

It was set to large. I reset it to medium and it worked. The whole screen is now visible, although now it only
takes up about 2/3 of the screen. I don't believe the game is meant to be played full screen, so this is a fix
that worked and that I can live with. Thanks, Rick!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

It was set to large. I reset it to medium and it worked. The whole screen is now visible, although now it only
takes up about 2/3 of the screen. I don't believe the game is meant to be played full screen, so this is a fix
that worked and that I can live with. Thanks, Rick!

I'm glad that worked for you!

thanks
Rick
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Thank you Rick, I didn't think of the DPI
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thank you Rick, I didn't think of the DPI

no problem, i'm glad that it fixed it.

rick
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

The 2560x1600 resolution looks good. I don't see any issues, but if I encounter any in the future, I'll post here.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Excellent
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I noticed that I am no longer getting the Hex grid info bar at the bottom of the screen. All I get is a sold black stripe. In looking at this further, I see that you added a 2560x1600 resolution and not the 2560x1440 I had requested. I see that someone else requested a 2560x1600 resolution, but you mentioned adding the 2560x1440 in the beta. Was this by mistake?

The 1920x1440 resolution also only has a black bar at the bottom that is much thinner. It seems maybe the 1440 resolution is off for me?

Also, what does the Override Resolution button do?
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Hi Killjoy12, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Options screen
Attachments
Options.jpg
Options.jpg (445.15 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I've sent these via email to fhunter@telus.net
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Thanks, I think I've fixed these but being unable to see those resolutions on my monitor I'll just have to wait for feedback.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Sure - I can test anytime. Not sure if you'd want to email an update EXE to test, or just wait for a release?
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

<bump> I am still willing to test the beta of this.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Tamas is contacting you about checking the screen resolutions for me before 1.03 is released.

Return to “Tech Support”