LCU replacements to subunits

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bartrat

LCU replacements to subunits

Post by bartrat »

If a LCU is broken in to subunits will the sub units receive replacement devices? or must it recombine?
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
witpqs

RE: LCU replacements to subunits

Post by witpqs »

AFAIK 'parent' units can receive replacements but 'fragments' can not. But be careful to understand what I mean:

When a unit is loaded onto 5 different ships, 1 sub unit is the parent and the other 4 are fragments.

When a division is broken down by means of the 'Divide Unit' button (or whatever exactly the button is labeled), all three units created are parents. They are, in full effect, three separate units until the player recombines them into the full division.

Many divisions and some other units begin the game 'broken down' into subordinate units that can combine into the larger unit. All of those units are, in full effect, parent units until the player combines them into the full (larger) unit.

Clear?
bartrat

Post by bartrat »

Thanks sir!
Recap:
Fragments no replacements (except parent).
If subdivide a division the three parts get replacements.
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: bartrat

Thanks sir!
Recap:
Fragments no replacements (except parent).
If subdivide a division the three parts get replacements.
Yup.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

In fact, AFAIK, that's one way to speed up replacements if you have them in the pool => breakdown the unit and each subunit will get replacements at the regular rate = 3 * as many as the "combined" unit would (assuming supply and all other conditions are the same)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Hermit

In fact, AFAIK, that's one way to speed up replacements if you have them in the pool => breakdown the unit and each subunit will get replacements at the regular rate = 3 * as many as the "combined" unit would (assuming supply and all other conditions are the same)

It's anecdotal, but mine also appear to repair disabled devices at a faster rate when split into 3. I have no idea if that's actually the case, it just appears to be.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Watch out for upgrades if you break an ID down into its 3 parts.  One of the parts might upgrade a device while the others don't.  If this happens you can't recombine the ID, until all devices are the same.  Don't ask me how I know this.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

I agree w/ both Lokasenna & DOCUP.

If an entire unit is present at a base, breaking it down into its 3 components will improve its ability to gain replacements & rebuild disabled devices. The /B & /C components will have their own leaders, usually of lesser rank & admin capability. The /A unit w/ the original commander will likely repair/rebuild more quickly, but if you recombine & re-divide the unit during your orders phase, you'll re-distribute the missing / damaged units evenly across the 3 sub-units.

Take careful note, in no way EVER should you subdivide a unit, w/o you are sure that its Upgrade is OFF. Never allow subunits to upgrade.
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: jmalter
Take careful note, in no way EVER should you subdivide a unit, w/o you are sure that its Upgrade is OFF. Never allow subunits to upgrade.

Only true for Allies. Japan don`t have that problem.
As Japan You need 400 squads or guns? You will have them build in one turn.[:D]

@DOCUP
I was suspecting that but i now know for sure why half of Your IDs in Burma is fighting divided to A/B/C[8D]
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

koniu, what if you haven't built all the needed devices? or if the new devices go to Unit X's /A & /B subunits, but don't go to X/C & go to Y/A instead? For either side, you've got to take control manual control of replacements & upgrades, to maximize combat power.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

well, thats bad news for my gameplay :), hopefuly it is only against AI so no pain :).
Still i think that full div should get same amount of max replacement that same div split to 3.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”