[B517] Aircraft refueling without need after attacking

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kneecaps

[B517] Aircraft refueling without need after attacking

Post by kneecaps »

I have a aircraft after expending their BVR missiles are not simply RTBing but are stuck on trying to refuel.

I cannot override this behavior and there is no need for them to refuel....

What is going on? :(

Scenario attached.
Attachments
group1073.zip
(292.85 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
NickD

RE: [B517] Aircraft refueling without need after attacking

Post by NickD »

I experience this bug quite often as well. I've found that strike aircraft with more than enough fuel to get home after attacking instead head for a tanker.
Dannyp19

Post by Dannyp19 »

I've found you have to micromanage refueling. Keep your doctrine at NO, and switch over when you need to. Once they have refueled switch them back to NO.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Yes, unfortunately refuelling still needs to be micromanaged.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: Dannyp19

I've found you have to micromanage refueling. Keep your doctrine at NO, and switch over when you need to. Once they have refueled switch them back to NO.

Ah looks like it needs to be addressed, because my aircraft are no more than 150NM from home base and simply insist of refueling after their first engagement...

So you are saying you can work around this by setting refuel doctrine to NO before they get into combat?
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Yes, if doctrine is no it should not go to tanker. My personal technique is to set side wide doctrine refuel to no and enable it per group/unit when I want to tank, disable again after.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
NickD

Post by NickD »

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Yes, if doctrine is no it should not go to tanker. My personal technique is to set side wide doctrine refuel to no and enable it per group/unit when I want to tank, disable again after.

I've been doing that as well.
Dannyp19

Post by Dannyp19 »

One feature I would like to see is to be able to select tanker orbits as a base, or along those lines. In large scen.'s when you have 3 or more tanker orbits it would come in quite handy.
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

Despite work arounds...this is still a bug. There is no way after an engagement with hours of fuel remaining aircraft should try and refuel. It's almost like having the engagement triggers some kind of check with always passes sending them to refuel regardless of fuel remaining.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

We'll work on the logic as its priority allows. In the meantime our suggestion is to RTB or turn off the mission ROE after the bomb drops.

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”