SOW Screen Prints

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Steveonfirst

SOW Screen Prints

Post by Steveonfirst »

Hope someone can help. Three players for multiplayer several times a month. I've been wanting to screen print for our AARs and no joy. I have a Dell with a Prntscr key, but can't open paint while in multiplayer. Anyone know any tricks to this? Much appreciated.
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
histgamer

RE: SOW Screen Prints

Post by histgamer »

In game hit the F4 key, it will take a screenshot and save it in C:\Norbsoftdev\ScourgeofWar-Gettysburg\Work\Screenshots if the game is installed in its default location.
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Thanks. I tried it, but no Screenshots file in the Work folder. I have the 150th anniversary version with the Antietam, Brandy Station, etc.
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

It may be your graphics program does not recognise or is not registered to handle the screenshot .bmp files. Try another graphics program. Also, the files will be in the screenshots folder which is a child of the Work folder, so look in there.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Thanks for the feedback. I discovered the problem is my Dell laptop design (F4 key is screen brightness key) and the print screen program requires a multi step process- the graphics program issue to which I believe Chris was referring. I did figure out a way to solve the problem- use my smartphone to take a "screen pic".

I wanted to show an example, but unable to upload a small pic? In any case, thanks for the feedback.

And if anyone is interested in joining a small, but dedicated group of SOW MP enthusiasts, let me know.
Hancock The Superb

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”