Omitted from the User Manual

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

IronMikeGolf

Omitted from the User Manual

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I "discovered" something that I can't find in the manual. A line unit must be inside its parent HQ command radius in order to be able to be given an Assault order.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

RE: Omitted from the User Manual

Post by CapnDarwin »

Noted. After I finally finish Modding Guide 4, I will need to update the manual for all of the new features and enhancements along with updating the Tutorial.
Always something needing done and we are 4 weeks out of Origins too. [X(]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
User1984

Post by User1984 »

I have been playing the demo and going through the manual trying to get a handle on how to play this game. I noticed that there is a picture of a Counter in the manual which shows a letter in the bottom middle portion of the counter. The graphic notes that this is Movement Class. I have not found any other reference to this in the manual. What it exactly does it mean and what are the different letter designations?

Also, after issuing commands and clicking the Start button the turn is resolved. However during the gameplay the focus seems to move from unit to unit all over the map very rapidly, which I find quite disorienting. It is impossible to follow what is happening. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Section 8 of the manual covers the counter info and has the following:

The white letter (“S”) is the first letter of the unit orders: “A” = Assault, “M”
= Move - Deliberate, “2” = Move - Hasty, “S” = Screen, “H” = Hold, “B”
= Barrage, “E” = Engineering Action, “R” = Resupply and “O” = On call.
This information is shown only to the owning player. These orders will be
explained in more detail in section 9.

A few things you can do to decrease or turn off the jumping to center. 1.) If you click on the FX tab you can uncheck the "try to center map on current unit...". 2.) Set a higher Game Delay Factor with the slider to slow the game execution down. 3.) Zoom out on the map so more is showing.

Also make sure you are patched up to the 2.03A version. There was some excessive screen jumping introduced with some changes to air defense messages in 2.01/2.02 that we toned way down. 2.04 (in testing now will also tweak some of that reporting).

Welcome aboard! If you have any other questions/comments let us know. Check out the forums. There is a lot of good info, mods, and game talk here. [8D]

User1984

Post by User1984 »

Hi and thanks for your quick response. I have been reading the forums and am very impressed with your continued support and development of the game. Will probably purchase after 2.04 comes out.

The letters I am referring to are at the bottom middle of the counters and are W, R, L and T as far as I can tell. Not sure what they mean.

I am playing the Grogheads demo, and maybe things have changed quite a bit since then.
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

W=wheeled
T=track
L=leg
User1984

Post by User1984 »

Thanks what does the "R" stand for? It would be helpful if this information was included in the Manual.

Is it possible to patch the demo up to 2.03A?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

R = Rotor, J = Jet. And yes missing from Section 8. That's my bad. I'll add that to my docs fix list.

Demo is not patchable. It was a self contained build.

Return to “Tech Support”