Close Combat Tournament AAR - The Panther's League

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
TIK

Close Combat Tournament AAR - The Panther's League

Post by TIK »

Hey everyone!

I wanted to write a brief AAR of Panther's in the Fog tournament we've just finished to let everyone know how it went.

For those who haven't heard of this tournament, the rules and the links to most of the videos can be found in the first post on my site HERE

We basically had 8 players, in what's known as a Round-Robin style tournament. Each player would fight two battles (meeting engagements) per week against an opponent to complete a round, and everyone would fight a round vs every other player until the tournament ended. This, I hoped, would give everyone an equal chance of victory.

It started well, and for the first four to five weeks, things were running relatively smoothly. Players were posting videos and writing AARs, with screenshots and scores coming out almost daily. Unfortunately, things started to get bogged down towards the end, with a couple players dropping out and most of us getting busy. Delays saw the tournament go on for a few weeks longer than expected [:(] However, the tournament has now ended and the final scores are in the link above for those who are interested!

(I won't reveal the winner here [;)])

An example of one of the AAR pictures submitted by CGGrognard, detailing his battle vs Gripen

In light of the problems though, I think playing a Round-Robin styled tournament has its flaws. Unless you can guarantee everyone sticking to the schedule and no player drops out, it leads to problems. I think it could work for 4 or less players, but more than that and you're pushing it.

If I do another tournament in the future, it will probably be a ladder game. Some have said they might be interested, so we'll have to wait and see. I'm waiting for Gateway to Caen before I make a decision on this.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.

Return to “After Action Reports”