Overstack attack = crash

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

Erik2

Overstack attack = crash

Post by Erik2 »

Hi Vic

I get consistent crashes performing an overstack attack.
But only if I do an air attack on the hex first. Without the air attack, the land attack behaves normally.
I have attached the saved games file and the error txt (much of the txt is in Norwegian...).
I will increase the stacking limits, but the program response could be a bit more friendly [;)]
This custom scenario is for Blitzkrieg Warsaw-Paris. It uses lots of custom graphics and sound files, I'll provide a dropbox link if you need it.

Thanks
Erik

Edit: This is on Win8 64Bit 8GB Ram. The location of the battle is at hex 90,183

Attachments
Crashtest.jpg
Crashtest.jpg (216.11 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Erik2

RE: Overstack attack = crash

Post by Erik2 »

Attached save game-file and error txt.
Attachments
Crashtest.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

Its an out of memory error.

I think the combination of having an extremely large map AND having thousands of individuals in some battles is causing the problem.
I advise to half the map width (taking the western part of the ocean and current england location out) and/or to diminish the amount of individual subformations of units by at least a factor 5 or 10 (do this by using ratio variable for SfTypes to make 1 individual subformation mimick for the user multiple troops).
Its just to much at the moment. Check memory consumption for example for Case Yellow and for your scenario.

Sorry I dont have an easy solution at this moment.

Best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

No problem when you are aware of it.
If there will be a future upgrade, maybe scale the no of SFTs actually entering combat by a percentage related to the max stack values. I think this will be realistic as well. Not all of your troops will contribute to the battle if there is not enough room to fight.

Thanks
Erik

Return to “Tech Support”