Kerch

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

mmarquo

Kerch

Post by mmarquo »

I am able to reduce Sevastopol to a supply less state with air interdiction; my question: what does bombing the port of Kerch do? I have reduced it to less than 100 every turn but the Soviet units west of it remain in fully supply while the Sevastopol garrison melts away.

What is going on? How do I get the Soviets defending Kerch to go OOS?

Thanks
RCHarmon

RE: Kerch

Post by RCHarmon »

Sevastopol suffers more disrupted supply because of air interdiction. The round numbers that trail to Sevastopol show the loss of supply due to air power. That is automatic. Any unused air assets will automatically do interdiction. This works at Kerch also, except is is a shorter supply rout. Therefore, less opportunity for your air assets to sink supply ships.

By bombing the port of Kerch you are disrupting supply and in time it will have its desired results.

Any veteran player should correct me if I am wrong.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”