PBEM Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

baldbrother

PBEM Question

Post by baldbrother »

My first time PBEM.My German opponent has had his first turn in the full 41-45 scenario, finished the turn, saved it and sent it to me. When I open it what I see is the end result of the turn but not how it happened. It just opens at the end so I can input orders. I understand there is no Russian turn one but how do I replay the turn from the beginning so I can assess what he did? Thanks.
jwolf

RE: PBEM Question

Post by jwolf »

As far as I know there is no literal "replay" so that you could see his turn step by step. But the F11 key will show you all the battles and from that you can get a pretty good idea.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

As far as I know there is no literal "replay" so that you could see his turn step by step. But the F11 key will show you all the battles and from that you can get a pretty good idea.

It's a pity we cannot replay the opponent's turn ...
But thanks for the F11 "trick"

Hope this will be fixed in WITE2 :-)

Is it the same in WITW ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
GamesaurusRex

Post by GamesaurusRex »

You have to understand that WITE is essentially a computer assisted board game... aside from the minimal combat resolution animations that you can see on your turn, there is not much to see. As pointed out by others, you need to look at the battle reports and other command reports to see what happened and where. Keep in mind that some of the reporting is in error if you are using fog of war options. Keep poking around the interface. Welcome to the club... Iv'e been doing it for 5 years. [:D]
"Real Life" is a game... THIS is war !

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”