Immersion

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

tgb

Immersion

Post by tgb »

In all honesty I only looked at this once or twice since purchasing the day it became available, preferring to wait until it was fully cooked, but curiosity got the better of me, and after updating I fired it up. All I can say about the difference between then and now is - outfriggingstanding.

After fooling around with the Soviet sandbox for a bit,and having a fair bit of difficulty launching Sputnik, my only suggestion(and this may already be planned - I don't know) would be to change the cosmonaut names to something less American, and change the audio to Russian (if that's feasible, of course).

It would really help with the immersion into the game.

Nacho84

RE: Immersion

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello tgb,

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like how things are shaping up.

Yes, we're planning to add Russian chatter to the missions. One member of the community is giving us a hand with that. We're still not sure whether we'll change the astronaut/cosmonauts names, but we'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
nico7550

Post by nico7550 »

Changing the names cost nothing and I agree it's far better for immersion :-)
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello all,

I spoke to the Marketing guys during the event we held in Italy last week and we agreed that we'll change the list of name for the Soviet space agency with Slavic ones.

The Soviet audio chatter is in the works. We'll probably release a first patch featuring the Soviet mission animations and background music and then release another patch with the new audio afterwards.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”