Any new games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Marutia Ortia

Any new games?

Post by Marutia Ortia »

Hi guys,
Have you heard of any new games lately? I heard about War Cabinet, have you seen it? What do you think about it? I guess it is still in development, but it seems very promising.
Strength and Honour over Fear in War Cabinet

www.warcabinet.net

New Strategy and War Game
Missouri_Rebel

RE: Any new games?

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I'll have to say that the trailer was pretty uninspiring.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
GBS

Post by GBS »

"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

this is hopefully still very early in production as there is barely a framework of a game and the websites pre-alpha screenshots dont make sense nor give a clear indication of just how this game is to be played -is it a sims like game of you being a general and walking about your office or is it like same, CMANO or Harpoon or Wargasm. Actually from the pre-alpha screenshots i am reminded a little of the old Capture the island mod from Op Flashpoint 1. its fantasy i take it - being that the countries are fictional and sound more like something from Dune.

I must wonder also why they use the very dull and uninspiring name 'war cabinet' - actually after reading more of the website i can see that english is not the first language of the developer. also going on some of the questions that the sites forum is asking, this sounds like it will need alot of community input, though i am not sure where that is going to come from

ther is a new game - a simple cheap one, but nice enough to play - simple like Defcon in its appearance - 'War the Game' its very cheap on Desura and is like a real time version of Empire Deluxe in some ways.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

looks good, but hope it's not to arcady as it doesn't look like a sim, more of a total war type game, the maker does make good mods mind you as i've played a few of his, but will hold off for a while until it's finished in beta and see some real images that aren't maybe speeded up etc to make it look more dramatic etc

views in regards to ultimategeneral etc, not other posts

tm.asp?m=3609475

look here for real new games ^^

lol

[X(][8|][X(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

We really put heart and soul in this young and ambitious project.
Your feedback is really valuable for us to create a game for you the players to enjoy.

Please note that it’s an early stage development.
Soon we will post new content including detailed description of the battle mechanics, warfare economy system, dynamic campaign and many more.
We are also working hard to prepare pre-alpha video with will included main battle theme, realistic war environment effects and many more realistically designed units and equipment
Strength and Honour over Fear in War Cabinet

www.warcabinet.net

New Strategy and War Game
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Marutia Ortia

Hi guys,
Have you heard of any new games lately? I heard about War Cabinet, have you seen it? What do you think about it? I guess it is still in development, but it seems very promising.
warspite1

Sorry, not for me for one simple reason; it doesn't matter if its war gaming or the reading of military history, warfare post Hiroshima (with the exception of Korea and The Falklands) has no interest for me whatsoever.

Nuclear Bombs? No thanks [:(].

I like the bad guys to be hell bent on European domination without the possibility that the world will be destroyed - give me Napoleon, The Kaiser and Adolf, they'll do for me [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Aaaaand here we are. Didn't take the spammer too long to start shilling their game.

Can always see them coming. They make a few initial posts that are largely nonsensical, some times cut-n-pastes from Wikipedia, and then you take a look at their profile and can see INSTANTLY what product they want to sell. You guys aren't as smart as you think you are.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Oh yeah, lol i didnt even notice, the poster is the game maker - by spammer do mean this is not a legitimate project? What mods have they done?

NikiAlex

Post by NikiAlex »

Sir Terminus, Sir Agathosdaimon

As you may have noticed the project is in initial stage, so there is nothing to sell.
I assume what matters most is YOUR honest opinion, nothing more.
Because I do believe that games need to be created with passion and soul for you the players to enjoy.
Sadly i could not say the same for many of the modern games where main driver is the greed of the big publishers, isn't it that way?

..and yes, it is fully legitimate young and ambitious project run by small, experienced and passionate team.
If you are willing to help us and discuss more details about the game, please feel free to PM me.

Regards,
True game fan
Will you accept the challenge
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

Oh yeah, lol i didnt even notice, the poster is the game maker - by spammer do mean this is not a legitimate project? What mods have they done?

Spammer as in they're advertising their project on the Matrixgames forum, and being surreptitious about it (or failing to be surreptitious about it rather). This is the forum of a GAMES PUBLISHER; if you dingbats want them to publish your stuff, this is not the way to make that happen.

Again, you're not fooling anyone.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
NikiAlex

Post by NikiAlex »

Well.. it's not about trying to fool you or anybody else. Again we don't seek sells, publishing or any of this kind
I admit that such post could be frustrating for many users. We've seen enough of this.
Anyway finger pointing and telling people how stupid they are didn't bring any benefits or positive feeling for you or the people in this forum.
I'm sure nobody could force you to contribute to something you don't believe in ;) I'm not trying to do that
At least we are trying to create something from scratch... excuse our enthusiasm
Enjoy your day and smile :)

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

well best of luck with the project and dont lose steam - i guess we will have to wait to more screens are made available, is it going to be a real-time strategy like Wargame but on a bigger scale. I think there is alot of potential and in actual to this day, no one has made an equivalent to the harpoon games that is land based (cmano comes close though its still primarily naval/air).
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'll try and play anything tbh, looks good to me, whether it should or shouldn't be here is nothing to do with me tbh so no comment either way on that subject.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
NikiAlex

Post by NikiAlex »

Not all could be revealed right away
Many successful game titles have inspired features we are planning to implement.
Few points to mention
Units handling in 3D isometric battle map. Your units will be on battalion level.
Pause-able real-time(paradox games type). It won't be an RTS full of action.
You will have plenty of time to take critical decisions.
Character feeling in the game: like JA2, X-Com. Strong RPG element will be included! Your character and fellow officers need special traits to conduct effective war.
Warfare economy system where you could distribute limited resourced on military building, equipment or personal development.
Dynamic campaign to provide modern warfare simulation like in Falcon simulation series.
We believe that such feature will greatly benefit re-playability of the game.
Many years of research have been invested for the military units, tactics, chain of command, order of battle, etc.

As for the harpoon i think that the efforts to recreating realistic naval warfare with mission planing was it's strongest asset.
We are planing to implement realistic (without sacrificing the fun aspect of the gaming) strategic and tactical combat on both land and air.
So when the time comes you might actually enjoy that!

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Mellow it out hey! You didn't give Texashawk this amount of crap...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: NikiAlex

Well.. it's not about trying to fool you or anybody else. Again we don't seek sells, publishing or any of this kind
I admit that such post could be frustrating for many users. We've seen enough of this.
Anyway finger pointing and telling people how stupid they are didn't bring any benefits or positive feeling for you or the people in this forum.
I'm sure nobody could force you to contribute to something you don't believe in ;) I'm not trying to do that
At least we are trying to create something from scratch... excuse our enthusiasm
Enjoy your day and smile :)

Yes it did, I enjoy Terminus's rebuttals to you freeloaders seeking to get exposure at the expense of our favorite publisher. I personally now will not buy or never buy the game no matter how good it is because of your remarks to Terminus and forum. Good day. Not unless you give Matrixgames full IR rights to your game and they publish it on your behalf. [:D]
NikiAlex

Post by NikiAlex »

No offense to you or any publisher, but i do believe that games would be much better if there were published on behalf of all the gamers who loved the genre. (Ex. crowd funding)
Communities together creates the greatest ideas, not the individuals.
And BTW I'm doing it for fun and because I truly believe in this, not for profit ;) So please, hold your wallet.
Cheers!

PS: Thank you Matrix for the Steel Panthers: World at War.. this was awesome
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: NikiAlex

No offense to you or any publisher, but i do believe that games would be much better if there were published on behalf of all the gamers who loved the genre. (Ex. crowd funding)
Communities together creates the greatest ideas, not the individuals.
And BTW I'm doing it for fun and because I truly believe in this, not for profit ;) So please, hold your wallet.
Cheers!

PS: Thank you Matrix for the Steel Panthers: World at War.. this was awesome

Don't let these self appointed forum cops bother you. I like being exposed to all games and thank you for posting here.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I too thankyou for posting and informing me about a new wargame project. If it's good enough then Slitherine may well be interested so it's always worthwhile posting here if you have a wargame in development.

Return to “General Discussion”