Let's dream : Qvadriga 2.0

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
nukkxx5058

Let's dream : Qvadriga 2.0

Post by nukkxx5058 »

This is how I see Q2:

- several multiplayer modes, including massive MP races (16 players or even more).
- an official championship with an official world ranking (like ELO in chess or ATP in tennis)
- lots of attributes for the drivers
- lots of statistics about drivers
- a dose of role playing for immersion (picture of the driver, his age, how many wives he has, profession when not driving, etc. )
- more horses types and characteristics, more carts attributes (etc.)
- carts setups: this would be a pre-race setup according to the track.
- some fantasy tracks (like a 8-shape, circles, straight line, etc.)

And for Qvadriga 3 : A realistic NASCAR championship !!!

[:D]

Anyway, Q1 is a already great game (if only we had a MP mode ...) but the potential for future developments is limitless.

Well done guys !
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Niessuh

RE: Let's dream : Qvadriga 2.0

Post by Niessuh »

Well, I hope Q2 will be done in a few years. In the mean time, I am safekeeping these suggestion threads
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
nats

Post by nats »

So that is good then that it has been successful enough to enable consideration of a sequel. Its certainly a nice game, one of my favourites.
"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"
wodin

Post by wodin »

Make it highly moddable. So I can make a Car Wars mod.
SireChaos

Post by SireChaos »

I would like to see a "demolition derby" mode, even if only for single races - a race that continues until only one chariot is left in the race.
nats

Post by nats »

ORIGINAL: SireChaos

I would like to see a "demolition derby" mode, even if only for single races - a race that continues until only one chariot is left in the race.

Well this is meant to be representative of historical Roman races, although we dont know exactly what races they had I am sure that they didnt feature demolition derbys unless it was between gladiators fighting to the death. Personally I think the game would lose a lot of the atmosphere if not kept at least relatively historical.

For Quadriga 2 I would want to see it graphically improved into 3d with more stats for the teams, perhaps some more varied out of race strategy, maybe having to start in a lowly race circuit and work your way up to the big leagues - a bit like the Formula 1 races and teams of today. Maybe introduce out of race training and more in depth team management options. possibly also bribery and corruption.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Whatever you do, please stick to history and don't add any ahistorical features.
sushidog

Post by sushidog »

I'd like to be able to rename aurigas when I buy a new one. The historical names are great, but I'd like it if I could have my drivers all be named by me.
ccguy

Post by ccguy »

Add the announcer from new trailer.
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

That trailer is a really fine job...lot of contents there to be inspired [:D]
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
nats

Post by nats »

ORIGINAL: ccguy

God nooo! Its a good trailer but I would hate to see that in the game, he is so annoying.
Jones944

Post by Jones944 »

ORIGINAL: sushidog

I'd like to be able to rename aurigas when I buy a new one. The historical names are great, but I'd like it if I could have my drivers all be named by me.
Yes, me too! +1
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
Westheim

Post by Westheim »

I would really appreciate some more detail about the enemy racers. Simple stuff, really: number of races, number of wins and place finishes. Would help with immersion, because right now every other driver that is not a faction leader is about faceless.

So far I am not even 100% sure whether wins for non-faction leaders are even tracked and if they can eventually "overtake" the faction leader with enough wins.
Don't be scared - I'm almost sure that I just want to play!
ccguy

Post by ccguy »

ORIGINAL: nats

ORIGINAL: ccguy

God nooo! Its a good trailer but I would hate to see that in the game, he is so annoying.

Then you can disable it. Duh!

Blood Bowl did their announcer pretty well even though it will get old at some point but so will the game in general. After watching the trailer and got the game I was disappointed there was no announcer.

The current game as a whole seems a solid package but could perhaps use an expansion to add a bit more everything.
RobearGWJ

Post by RobearGWJ »

Please, please stay away from the ahistorical stuff. Part of the attraction of the game is the reasonable amount of accuracy it has. I would enjoy a meta-game with inter-/intra-faction intrigue and management. Add a happy/unhappy scale to the drivers, and allow the team and faction to fund events that would please a driver, or a group of them. Parties, etc. Put in the occasional opportunity to have the player be bribed to do something, and paid if he does - for example, 250D to stay behind a particular driver for the first two laps, or to attack a particular driver. Fail and you might be beaten, adding injury and unhappiness; succeed, and you could rise in the faction ranks. You should be able to (with a lot of cash) bribe someone to sicken an opposing driver or mess with their chariot or horses. Something like the current random events system but with agency. You might even be able to hire a free driver away from another team (and of course it could happen to you if you have any who have bought their way out.

It would be cool to be able to attract faction backers who would contribute money and morale support occasionally in return for a percentage of wins (and the returns from their bets), but who would pull their support if things start to go bad.
Also, it would be fun to see 1, 2 and 3 horse team races.

Of course, the biggest deal would be multiplayer. Best way to do that is timed turns, to prevent trolling other players. That would add a sense of urgency to the game too. A replay mode would be tons of fun, too.

BTW, Nukkxx, I'm 99% sure Roman law did not allow multiple wives. You probably would want to tally slaves, or mistresses or something.

Return to “QVADRIGA”