A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cap Mandrake

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

Post by Cap Mandrake »

The shortcut is set to "normal window" but the only way to minimize is with "Alt-tab"
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The shortcut is set to "normal window" but the only way to minimize is with "Alt-tab"
I do mine a little differently, and it works out to be REALLY convenient. I use windowed mode, and I played with the size settings until I got it just right that the Windows menu bar is exposed below the game window. When I want to switch back and forth between programs, all I have to is click on the one I want. If I actually want to minimize the one I am currently in, all I have to do is click on that one and it minimizes.

Here are the shortcut switches that I use. The first set is for a Windows 7 desktop, the second is for a Windows 8/8.1 laptop.
-altFont -cpu4 -dd_sw -archive -wd -pxf1920 -pyf1018 -noFire

-altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire
Obviously you only care about the window size ones for this discussion.

Here is a screen pic of the lower left hand corner of my screen to show what I mean. I just give up a little real estate from the game window to keep the Windows menu bar (or whatever the heck they call it) showing. Way, way, way faster and more convenient than using Alt-Tab.

In the next post I'll show a pic of another shortcut setting that is part of this.

Attachments
Screen.jpg
Screen.jpg (249.26 KiB) Viewed 125 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Notice that the shortcut has an option set to "Maximize" for how the window first starts up (the "Run" option). That just saves you from clicking on it to maximize it every time you start it. To get to that, look at your shortcut and Right-click on it, then select 'properties'.

Attachments
Sshortcut.jpg
Sshortcut.jpg (95.64 KiB) Viewed 125 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I should add that you will have to play with the window size settings to get them exactly wight for your screen and your resolution settings. You can do some math on how many pixels the screen has to get close, but just a few iterations of starting up the game with various settings will be required to zero in on it.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

***********Questions********

1) What do we do with oil produced at centers with no refinery capability? Brunei, for eg., can we just ship it next door to Miri or does Miri not have excess refinery capacity to deal with intrinsic oil production supply?

Ship-ah it to home islands or at least to Hong Kong, where it will begin its magical overland movement to Port Arthur. Refineries there can convert it to fuer (+ suppry).
2) Do Japan-mens have a mobile CD unit in DBB? We need something for Lord Howe Isrand after we take that. It will be very vulnerable to naval sniping.

Dunno.
3) Does Manchuria have garrison rules for AIR UNITS?

Not-ah that I know of.
4) Are there any mobile Karaoke bars?

Scots have pipes for assaurting beaches. American mens have "Fright of the Varkyrie" for hericoptah assaurt. You-ah serioursy want-ah assaurt force storming across beaches of Pago Pago singing "You right up-ah my rife?"

It-ah bad for Japans mens morale. Rike ah not posting pictures of drunken neighbor in poor. Bad joss. [:-]
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

This is cool, learning Japanese language!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Oh, c'mon Chickenboy! No reason the IJA couldn't use Kung Fu Fighting as their going to battre song, or maybe You Terr a Story Rike Tokiyo Rose. [:D]

(Editor's note re: Japan-speak: In this case the use of the letter "l" in the word couldn't is allowed because it is silent, and therefore the Japanese can pronounce it.)
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

"2) Do Japan-mens have a mobile CD unit in DBB? We need something for Lord Howe Isrand after we take that. It will be very vulnerable to naval sniping. "

My understanding is that in stock AE Japan only has a couple of mobile CD units, so they may be hard to find or may not have arrived yet. Or maybe DBB has removed them...
fair winds,
Brad
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
No reason the IJA couldn't use Kung Fu Fighting as their going to battre song, or maybe You Terr a Story Rike Tokiyo Rose. [:D]

Actuarry, Kung Fu originate China. Possibry use resser known Japans mens version "Kendo fighting" or "Judo jousting", but not-ah so catchy tunes. Japans mens curturar [eesh!] officah no rikey positive references to anything Chinese.
Argos

Post by Argos »

For consideration in the clearly soon to be detailed thread contest to 'choose the fight song' I submit Blue Oyster Cult's, "Godzilla"; might be just the thing for the troops swarming ashore to spread chaos (although the back story of origination might need some editing for morale purposes).

Please be careful, very careful with procurement, as the Brian Setzer Orchestra is releasing an instrumental version on their 'metal' album and I can't imagine the negative assault modifier associated with obtaining the wrong track.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Good idea! How about:

"Mr. Robato"..........Styx, 1983..........."Domo, arigato, Mistah Robato....domo"

"Turning Japanese"....Vapo(u)rs, 1980....."I'm turning Japanese, oh yes I'm turnign Japanese.." [:D]

"Japanese Farewell Song"...not sure who wrote it but recorded by several..........."The time has come for us to say sa-yo-na-a-ra"

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Almost forgot...the Japanese version of the Panzerlied.

If storms or snows, or sun smire on Japan-mens
Day burning hot, or icy cord night.
Dusty Japan-mens faces, but happy Japan-mens minds, Hai! happy Japan-mens minds

Type II tankettes make kinda roud noise in wind
Type II tankettes make kinda roud noise in wind

Argos

Post by Argos »

How about "Crusin'(Lucy and Ramona and Sunset Sam)". Any early war Allied resistance would have to crumble in the face of only a couple of barge loads of your troops enthusiastically singing that on the run in, even without the threat of a Hulk Hogan look alike in the video. (Plus Sunset Sam has the sound of a top level sales producer from M & M...)

Bonus info -
Cruisin', aka Lucy and Ramona and Sunset Sam, is the last single to date released by Michael Nesmith (yes that Michael Nesmith) as a solo artist. The song was released in 1979 under Pacific Arts (PAC 108) from the album Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma.

Bonus Bonus
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma has to be in contention for your next AAR title...
Argos

Post by Argos »

Sorry for all the edits - white out doesn't seem to work in any post referencing Michael Nesmith...
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Have I missed something? Is Nigel under the weather?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

He's in the pool with PG.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

[:D][:D] (imagines Benny Hill)
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

sprior!

Attachments
spri.jpg
spri.jpg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 123 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Good idea! How about:

"Mr. Robato"..........Styx, 1983..........."Domo, arigato, Mistah Robato....domo"

"Turning Japanese"....Vapo(u)rs, 1980....."I'm turning Japanese, oh yes I'm turnign Japanese.." [:D]

"Japanese Farewell Song"...not sure who wrote it but recorded by several..........."The time has come for us to say sa-yo-na-a-ra"

Another idea (with apologies to Eric Burdon):

There is, a force, in the Pacific, O-shun
They cauuuuu the Rising Sun
And it's been, the ruin, of many a round-eye
And boys, you know, you're next!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

How about this? Maybe a bit too techno?

Return to “After Action Reports”