Morale Bug?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

vonbattsdorff

Morale Bug?

Post by vonbattsdorff »

Back when I was still fighting Serbia I scrapped my AH battleship and took the 30 point Morale hit. Since then I've conqered numerous Entente cities with my AH troops but morale hasn't gone up from the post scrapping 89%. Any thoughts? This is with the 1.42 patch btw.
operating

RE: Morale Bug?

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: vonbattsdorff

Back when I was still fighting Serbia I scrapped my AH battleship and took the 30 point Morale hit. Since then I've conqered numerous Entente cities with my AH troops but morale hasn't gone up from the post scrapping 89%. Any thoughts? This is with the 1.42 patch btw.

HI,

The below quote by Kirk, might give you an idea about NM pluses and minuses, from the patch 1.4.2 thread.

Bob
Hi Bob,I tracked this down in the Game Morale script.

The heading states NO LONGER USED?

-- no longer used
--~ function CaptureMoraleEffect(captor, construction)
--~ if construction.type == Construction.TYPE_CITY or construction.type == Construction.TYPE_FORTRESS then
--~ -- morale loss for original owner
--~ local owner = construction.hex.originalFaction
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(owner, -100)

--~ -- morale boost for captor's factions
--~ for faction in captor.factions do
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(faction, 50)
--~ end
--~ elseif construction.type == Construction.TYPE_CAPITAL then
--~ -- morale loss for original owner
--~ local owner = construction.hex.originalFaction
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(owner, -200)

--~ -- morale boost for captor's factions
--~ for faction in captor.factions do
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(faction, 100)
--~ end
--~ end
--~ end

If you loose a City or Fortress = -10% Morale loss to your Nation.
If you loose a Capital City = -20% Morale loss to your Nation.

If you Capture a City or Fortress = +5 Morale boost.
If you Capture a Capital City = +10 Morale boost.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
vonbattsdorff

RE: Morale Bug? + Free Manpower Bug?

Post by vonbattsdorff »

I'm still a bit confused. AH should have 1 or 2 Capitals and 6 or 7 cities to it's credit (post 30 point morale hit) or are the morale rules "no longer used" like the heading states?

BTW, one other possible bug which I've found is the "free manpower bug". When you disband a unit like a battleship, airship, fighter etc you get back the production cost equivalent in manpower. I must admit that I've made use of it to keep AH's manpower at 90% or above. No biggie since I'm playing SP, but it could be quite annoying in a MP game.

operating

Post by operating »

Could it be NM (National Morale) is at 90%? NM is where a nation's units lose efficiency with units to be put into production at the time of a given NM% rating. In other words, if your NM is at 79% (orange) any units you put into the production queue will never have a higher efficiency rating than 8. When NM is in the yellow, new recruits have not shown me a decrease in efficiency. If you are in the red, you are in trouble.
vonbattsdorff

Post by vonbattsdorff »

I think you're confusing NM with Manpower. AH's NM is definitely 89% which hasn't seemed to have caused any ill effects, but when manpower got down to 89% I got a message saying that PP would be reduced by 10%. I racked my brains over how to scrape together some more manpower and noticed that scrapping my Battleship would give me a whopping 124 MP. Despite marching into Rome, it would seem that the Austrians never forgave me for scrapping their beloved Battleship, lol.

The bug with getting back the Production cost of a unit in the form of manpower could put a real dent in a strategy of Manpower attrition. When a nation's manpower gets down to 90 or 80% (below 80% causing the dreaded efficiency loss for new units) you can just create and then disband an airship for 30MP or even an infantry unit for 20MP, thus trading PP for MP.

operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: vonbattsdorff

I think you're confusing NM with Manpower. AH's NM is definitely 89% which hasn't seemed to have caused any ill effects, but when manpower got down to 89% I got a message saying that PP would be reduced by 10%. I racked my brains over how to scrape together some more manpower and noticed that scrapping my Battleship would give me a whopping 124 MP. Despite marching into Rome, it would seem that the Austrians never forgave me for scrapping their beloved Battleship, lol.

The bug with getting back the Production cost of a unit in the form of manpower could put a real dent in a strategy of Manpower attrition. When a nation's manpower gets down to 90 or 80% (below 80% causing the dreaded efficiency loss for new units) you can just create and then disband an airship for 30MP or even an infantry unit for 20MP, thus trading PP for MP.

Ya know, I think you are right! Reread page 25 of the manual on MP, all this time I thought the efficiency loss was a result of NM. Got to get my head right on interpreting management stats.

Return to “Tech Support”