Question about text color on the map

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Pipewrench

Question about text color on the map

Post by Pipewrench »

I am re-doing the map and need to know the difference between the white text and the yellow text on the map. For the life of me I have looked around and cannot find the info.

example Feni Island(white text) and Green Islands(yellow text) in the Solomon Sea

thanks in advance for something so obvious.....[&:]

Attachments
admiralquestion.jpg
admiralquestion.jpg (75.59 KiB) Viewed 44 times
“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan
witpqs

RE: Question about text color on the map

Post by witpqs »

It looks to me like the white text are AE base names, in addition to being place names. The yellow text are place names, but not AE base names. Hope that's right.
Pipewrench

Post by Pipewrench »

thanks - I thought that might be it - Just wanted to get rid of the yellow so the eyes are not distracted with the larger font.
“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: pipewrench
I am re-doing the map and need to know the difference between the white text and the yellow text on the map.
Witpqs is close, butt ... Originally, the stock map used the dysentary yellow to designate base areas with Island Size = 1 (6k coded stacking limits). White designates base areas with Island Size = 2 or larger. Orange is used for general place names.

Now-a-days with michaelm's betas, one can see terrain and stacking limits with a mouse-over, so using dysentary yellow is merely a visual aid and not really necessary.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”