$60 For a game this old?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

opusthefowl

$60 For a game this old?

Post by opusthefowl »

Years ago I posted here asking about if this game would go on sale...I watched it for a while but it never really did so I went away.

Now I just remembered this game and came here in the homes it would now be a more respectable price...boy was I shocked.

Matrix, are you folks dumb or just stupid? $60 for a game this old is just poor business practice and shows that you are just greedy. You know how I found this game today? I when to your "Budget" game only to fine almost everything there at full pop...

Disgracefully...You are doing a huge disservice to the gaming community and developers by maintain such high and utterly moronic prices.

-Signed-
A lost customer (again)

chemkid

RE: $60 For a game this old?

Post by chemkid »

TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

I'm reading Overy's new book on the strategic bombing campaign in WWII. I just stumbled across this game and was tempted to buy it. But I'll admit that the sticker price for a game this old is making me think twice.

How good is this game? Is the game this good?
john_txic

Post by john_txic »

It's the only one on this subject, so you're stuck with it, I'm afraid. It's about 90% of what it should be.

The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

ORIGINAL: john_txic

It's the only one on this subject, so you're stuck with it, I'm afraid. It's about 90% of what it should be.

The only one?

I recall playing B-17 Bomber on my neighbor's Intellivision. [:D]
TaggedYa

Post by TaggedYa »

@BROJD

You might want to post on some of the forums haunted by strategy gamers (grognards cough cough) and see if someone will part with their copy for a few bucks.

I don't recommend that anyone pay for this game as is. I moved over to this from the Talonsoft version and in 23 turns of a PBEM game found a dozen game breaking bugs.

The patch for the known bugs is 5 years over due and everyone connected with it is AWOL. It will not get fixed by Matrix and they ignore any attempt at contact.
TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

Now that it's on sale, I might give it a shot!
foxtrotsierra64

Post by foxtrotsierra64 »

Will it work o n Windows 8.1?
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Only $29.99 this week.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
siddious

Post by siddious »

ORIGINAL: TaggedYa

@BROJD

You might want to post on some of the forums haunted by strategy gamers (grognards cough cough) and see if someone will part with their copy for a few bucks.

I don't recommend that anyone pay for this game as is. I moved over to this from the Talonsoft version and in 23 turns of a PBEM game found a dozen game breaking bugs.

The patch for the known bugs is 5 years over due and everyone connected with it is AWOL. It will not get fixed by Matrix and they ignore any attempt at contact.
Glad i saw this, was just about to buy this game, saved me a few quid, cheers.
Texeiro

Post by Texeiro »

Any Matrix member read this???? COuld please free the code of the game to let the few users in the world work in the patch themselves and repair the huge gamebreaker bugs??? Aybe this way a few more copies of EDBTR could be sold.
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

This is a great game and I recommend buying it on sale. WITW that was just released is much more modern and advanced air simulator, but only from 43 onward. So I still play this for all my BOB/Eagle Day needs.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”