The Men of the Yamato Movie in 1080p

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

The Men of the Yamato Movie in 1080p

Post by Footslogger »

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeLYOjPNa9s

I've never seen the whole movie so I'm not sure if this is it.

Enjoy!
castor troy

RE: The Men of the Yamato Movie in 1080p

Post by castor troy »

opened the link, by random click I jumped right to a combat scene and read the first subtitle: "40 avenger dive bombers!"

closed it right away
margeorg

Post by margeorg »

Don´t judge on it too soon. IMHO it´s a good movie, and it has a good story to tell. Every one of these "historical" war movies has it´s inaccuracies.
Cheers
Martin
Erkki

Post by Erkki »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

opened the link, by random click I jumped right to a combat scene and read the first subtitle: "40 avenger dive bombers!"

closed it right away

Thats cute!

I liked it much more than the certain other kamikaze movie. It didnt underline what the men fought for or who the enemy was(after all it was perfectly clear to the characters themselves) and didnt glorify dying futile last resort deaths for the Emperor. The opposite, there are several scenes where the sailors even downright rebel against the idea of being just thrown away in a suicide attack. Officers have hard time keeping the morale high, and even Admiral Ito is represented as at least questioning the reason and nobility of the one-way "tokkotai" mission. The last order given to the new cadets even is "If the order comes to abandon the ship, then the battle is over. Get the hell out of the ship!"
temagic

Post by temagic »

Good movie. Definately worth a watch.
Fighting for the Greater East-Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Watched the whole thing on my PC. Could not stop. Changed my perspective a hair.
thanks for the link.
Z
czert2

Post by czert2 »

jup wacthed it some time ago, and it was good movie. Actualy i rate it higher tham many us war movies.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Thanks for that. Great movie.

Ignore the historical boo boos. The movie is about the men who served.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

The history of how the IJN worked internally was interesting and backs up Cpt. Hara's account in his book. The brutal discipline was rampant. Along with the narrow mindedness of the higher levels of command.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”