"Saved Game failed to load" Patch 7

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rusty1961

"Saved Game failed to load" Patch 7

Post by Rusty1961 »

I updated the game to
Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123x6
And my opponent, we are starting a new game, sent me the first Japanese turn which I in turn attempted to load and I got the error message,

Saved Game Failed to Load.

1. How can I see if my game is or has updated to the patch I downloaded?
2. I've restarted the computer since extracting the patch. Still no joy.

Ideas?

God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Quixote

RE: "Saved Game failed to load" Patch 7

Post by Quixote »

See the picture below for how to tell what version you have installed. Note that every once in a while, a patch doesn't take on the first install and you may have to try it again. (Rare, but I've had it happen.)

Attachments
RustyHelp.jpg
RustyHelp.jpg (272.14 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

I updated the game to
Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123x6
And my opponent, we are starting a new game, sent me the first Japanese turn which I in turn attempted to load and I got the error message,

Saved Game Failed to Load.

1. How can I see if my game is or has updated to the patch I downloaded?
2. I've restarted the computer since extracting the patch. Still no joy.

Ideas?

Have you both got the same patch? They was a x6 followed very quickly by a x6a.
koniu

Post by koniu »

Saved Game Failed to Load

This usually mean that file is damaged. It can happen when turn was saved, during sending or receiving email etc.

Best way is to ask Your opponent to resend file. If it still will be corrupted Your opponent must save game again and sent it to You. Ask Your opponent if he is able to open this save as allies(player 2).

As for game version. If You use beta You will be able to open any save even if save is created under different game version. If that happen You will be warned that save and game versions are different. It will not work in other direction. If You have game patched to official version beta saves will not work.

Remember to open game under beta patch You need to use .exe from Beta2 folder
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: koniu
Saved Game Failed to Load

This usually mean that file is damaged. It can happen when turn was saved, during sending or receiving email etc.

Best way is to ask Your opponent to resend file. If it still will be corrupted Your opponent must save game again and sent it to You. Ask Your opponent if he is able to open this save as allies(player 2).

As for game version. If You use beta You will be able to open any save even if save is created under different game version. If that happen You will be warned that save and game versions are different. It will not work in other direction. If You have game patched to official version beta saves will not work.

Remember to open game under beta patch You need to use .exe from Beta2 folder

+1
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Update:

When I extract the Patch 7 it says,"Admiral's Edition Beta Update for Patch 7 has been successfully installed!",

Yet the game is still under the 6 patch.

Confused.
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Okay, I downloaded 7-Zip, the unzip utility, and I get the same message as I did with the beta-patch: "Program successfully installed!"

Yet, the install doesn't take.

Ideas?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Check the shortcut and make sure it is reading the correct EXE. There should be a BETA2 directory under the game where the game EXE resides.
Michael
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Thank you, Michaelm and everyone else who assitted. I got the game to work, but now have the screen-size problem.

I can't maximize the screen. When I hit the maximize tab in the upper right it only moves the screen (about 60% of the monitor size) to the upper left corner.

Ideas?

Rusty
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Post the command line from the shortcut you are using. Make sure it shows all the switches being used.
Von Weber

Post by Von Weber »

Hi!
I've got 1.7.11.23u Nov16 2013 version. We play as a team. After I reinstalled XP OS my beta stopped recognise files that I recieve from my co-partners[>:]. It shows : This save doesn't seem to be the end of PBEM game continue [Yes , No] Yes / No options don't work. I can only cancel option by pressing ESC. Before reinstalling OS everything was fine. I copied dll file from Beta to root game directory, I reinstalled the whole game but nothing happens.Any ideas[&:]I tried to check any file from e-mail history from different game co-partners but it always the same story.[:(] Files are not corrupted. I am in despair, SOS!
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

What do you mean by the yes/no options do not work? You have to follow the directions and use the y or n key, you can not click on it using the mouse.
Von Weber

Post by Von Weber »

I mean I see option but I can not use it. When I press Y or N nothing happens. Only by pressing esc button option rolls back to the save file selection[:(]
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW

Return to “Tech Support”