4.6.278 feedback

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Mahatma

4.6.278 feedback

Post by Mahatma »

Because there isn't another thread to provide feedback in.

My biggest gripe is the surrender mechanic. Units are very reluctant to surrender even after taking a beating. E.g. an armoured coy of 6 AVs and 40 men is reduced to 12 men and 0 AVs, should, imo, surrender or disband almost immediately. Something like IF personnel OR equipment UNDER 10% THEN 'something from surrender/disband/destroyed/etc.' Or if morale <10% then surrender. Or something simple that I can understand because I can't fathom how some units are being so persistent.
Have: Socks. Deodorant. £2 gloves. Mince pies.
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
Mahatma

RE: 2.678 feedback

Post by Mahatma »

Been down to 4 men since 0200!
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
budd

Post by budd »

is the intel correct thats its 4 men?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

That was a surrender image. Those 4 soldiers had spent the whole night about 200m from the mechanised infantry company. Hiding in a ditch most likely. That's the most ridiculous instance I witnessed, so I'm using that as exhibit A.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Didn't stumble over such incident but I got some enemy units being destroyed without giving a message about this.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Didn't stumble over such incident but I got some enemy units being destroyed without giving a message about this.
I think that happens when they disband. You only get messages when they surrender or are destroyed.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Make sense but still a bit confusing.

Now another thing, nothing big but I seems sometimes artillery reattaches itself for whatever reason.
I just do Elsenborn Ridge and the first thing I did was to place orders for all artillery units above regiment level and delete them again to detach them from the superiors.
The latest save file shows some of in a weird state:
They seem again to be attached to their superiors(no white bar on the bottom of the unit icon) and are also "On Call" but the "Reattach" button is still active and can be used.

I loaded an older save and let it run for a while in the hope of capturing the incident but nothing happened, maybe we got a problem with the detached state being save correctly or loaded correctly.
Anyhow I got 2 save files attached, save 10 is before this happened and save 11 after it, for this check specifically artillery unit "23 Bty 14 Werfer Rgt 9VW bde".

Rename Saved Games.txt to Saved Games.rar .
Attachments
Saved Games.txt
(673.49 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

Make sense but still a bit confusing.

No another thing nothing big but I seems sometimes artillery reattaches itself for whatever reason.
I just do Elsenborn Ridge and the first thing I did was to place orders for all artillery units above regiment level and delete them again to detach them from the superiors.
The latest save file shows some of in a weird state:
They seem again to be attached to their superiors(no white bar on the bottom of the unit icon) and are also "On Call" but the "Reattach" button is still active and can be used.

I loaded an older save and let it run for a while in the hope of capturing the incident but nothing happened, maybe we got a problem with the detached state being save correctly or loaded correctly.
Anyhow I got 2 save files attached, save 10 is before this happened and save 11 after it, for this check specifically artillery unit "23 Bty 14 Werfer Rgt 9VW bde".

Rename Saved Games.txt to Saved Games.rar .

When an order is issued to a group of units, one of them is designated as the "command" unit, even if all are at the same echelon.

The "command" unit will show the white detached insignia, and the remaining units will show command lines reporting to that unit.

It's explained under Group and Ungroup Units (Pg. 70) of the game manual.
Take care,

jim
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

I know but it's not the case here.
As said I gave every artillery unit an order and deleted that order so they were all detached and under no on-map command anymore thus all ad a white bar at the bottom.
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

I know but it's not the case here.
As said I gave every artillery unit an order and deleted that order so they were all detached and under no on-map command anymore thus all ad a white bar at the bottom.

Units are detached from their headquarters and under map boss control only as long as they have a separate order from their organic command unit.

With a separate order, they are under the control of the on map boss (AI).

Once the subordinate's separate order is cancelled, its control returns to its superior headquarters.

Any delay in showing the reattachment on on the icon's status bar is based on how frequently the graphics are updated.

Suggest you read the information from the manual I cited in the last post.
Take care,

jim
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

ORIGINAL: jimcarravallah
Units are detached from their headquarters and under map boss control only as long as they have a separate order from their organic command unit.

With a separate order, they are under the control of the on map boss (AI).

Once the subordinate's separate order is cancelled, its control returns to its superior headquarters.

Any delay in showing the reattachment on on the icon's status bar is based on how frequently the graphics are updated.

Suggest you read the information from the manual I cited in the last post.
Removing the units order did place it "On all" but it neither reattached itself nor lost the White Bar nor was removed from the FS list.

Be it as it is, I still don't know why these units should be back at their HQs at all, the highest HQ had Rest order and the Rest artillery after bombardment option was active and so these units like most other artillery units should still be resting/bombarding, be listed on the FS list and still have a White Bar & active Reattach button.

Anyhow I played around with save 10 a bit and to me it seems that the "Reattach" button for some reason is marked active although the unit(22.53) has:
A. No White Bar
B. Is "On Call"
C. Is missing in the FS list.
A to C suggest that the unit for whatever reason is back at its HQ, all but the Reattach button.

Now I led that save run a while and reattached other artillery units and after checking each time suddenly the Reattach button on unit 22.53 was also inactive.

So ignoring why the units do it, we have at least a graphical problem here, the state of the unit isn't correctly represented because the GUI shows the Reattach button still active.
We have such minor problems already with no facing arrows and closed order boxes.

Return to “Tech Support”