Any takers?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Michael T

Any takers?

Post by Michael T »

I got the game and I am genuinely impressed. But the map is the ugliest I have ever seen. Are there any map mods that replace the entire map? Why are the hexes warped?

Is there anyone out there interested in a Full Case Blue Server game? FOW, High Command Rules, Axis Minor Rules, C&C rules, More constrained Oil. AND Hard Core Supply.

I am not sure how to implement the Hard Core Supply on the Server or even if it is possible though.

Also rather than use the dismissal rule I would like to invoke a House Rule that forces the Germans to roughly follow the historical objectives. I don't want to play a game like I have seen in some AAR's where the Germans play it safe and grind out a win, yuk. So my HR would be this:

If the Axis does not acheive all the following territorial objectives at some point in the game then they lose. If they do acheive the territorial objectives the normal victory conditions apply.

The territorial conditions are these:

Germany must at some point capture OR isolate OR get adjacent to Stalingrad.

AND

Germany must at some point capture OR isolate OR get adjacent to Maiko.

AND

Germany must at some point capture OR isolate OR get adjacent to Grozn.

If you interested PM me. I will be happy to play either side.

EDIT:
I just found the beautiful Map Mod by Krupp 88. Wow. But why not like this in the first place.
Michael T

RE: Any takers?

Post by Michael T »

I have found an opponent. But playing Trappenjagd instead. I will be Soviet. Cool game.

Would love to see this system do a WITE scale game but with half week turns. That would be fab.

Looking forward to spending more time on tactics and operational planning than on micro management [&o]

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”