Can I turn OFF the autosave?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chazz

Can I turn OFF the autosave?

Post by chazz »

It's overwriting saves I don't want it to. The game seems to be saving in multiple locations and it's screwing me up royally.
=================================
Thank you for your replies and advice!!

"If you're in a fair fight, then you didn't plan it properly" - Nick Lappos
Oberst_Klink

RE: Can I turn OFF the autosave?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: chazz

It's overwriting saves I don't want it to. The game seems to be saving in multiple locations and it's screwing me up royally.
Mate,

check if you got the -autosave switch in your shortcut. If so, simply bin it.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I always use the autosave. It has save my bacon too many time to turn off.

The autosaves all go into an Autosave folder which is a separate folder under the Saves folder. So unless you have done something with your paths, autosave is not overwriting anything except other autosaves. If you have a particular autosave you might want to go back to, just load it and then save it as a normal save. It will not get lost then. Also the game saves almost 100+ autosaves before any get overwritten. So I have a hard time seeing how wanting to back up over 100 turns is messing you up.

I would never do that. At the beginning of every turn I just create a save of my own and always use that if I need to backup or try something different. It only takes a few extra seconds, so I do not have the issues you are running into [:)]
chazz

Post by chazz »

I usually turn off autosaves in my games; in my experience they are responsible for many, many CTD's.

I will create a END TURN file for my own purposes, espec. after a major battle. Which is kind of like a manual autosave.

That being said, done and done. worked beautifully. Thank you, Oberst_Klink
=================================
Thank you for your replies and advice!!

"If you're in a fair fight, then you didn't plan it properly" - Nick Lappos
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Really? I have played well over 1,000 hours of WitP AE and not once have I had a CTD due to anautosave.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”