Windowed mode?

Korsun Pocket is a the second game using the award winning SSG Decisive Battles game engine. Korsun Pocket recreates the desperate German attempt to escape encirclement on the Russian Front early in 1944. The battle is a tense and exciting struggle, with neither side having a decisive advantage, as the Russians struggle to form the pocket, then try to resist successive German rescue efforts and last ditch attempts at breakout.
Objekt730

Windowed mode?

Post by Objekt730 »

The deal of the week reminded me I had bought the retail version of this game ages ago, and inspired me to fire it up again. I don't suppose there's a way to play it in a window? I don't mind the the 1024x768 resolution as long as its not smothered across a 1920x1080 widescreen monitor.

I was recently delighted to discover that Uncommon Valor booted up nicely in a 1024x768 window. Hopefully there's some way to do the same for KP.
mattpeckham

Re: Windowed mode?

Post by mattpeckham »

I'm roughly 10 years late, but since I've been fiddling with these again, two quick thoughts:

1. If you want to play at the correct aspect ratio, you need to find the scaling settings for your video card. I have a Razer laptop with a 3070 ti, so it's under Nvidia's "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" setting in the Nvidia Control Panel. Note that you need to set it to perform scaling oni the GPU, and then make sure the Korsun Pocket executable has been added to "Manage 3D Settings," under "Program Settings," and that your preferred graphics processor is the Nvidia GPU.

2. If you want to play in a window and happen to have a spare copy of Windows or whatever version, you can use a free emulator like VMWare Workstation Player, set up Windows, and run the game there. Now you have in essence a dedicated PC for the game, and you can run it around your desktop as a "window" all you like!

Return to “Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket”