Fatal Error Naval Abort

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rev rico

Fatal Error Naval Abort

Post by rev rico »

Mmm...
I have tried numerous times and with different save points, but I cannot get by this. An abort dialogue comes up after the naval combat phase which has no ships in it. Thus, I cannot select any and the game freezes right there. I even tried it with no combats, but it still popped up before the next phase. What gives?
AxelNL

RE: Fatal Error Naval Abort

Post by AxelNL »

Can you post a savegame?
rev rico

Post by rev rico »

I got around it by backing up further and not sending any subs out into Jap waters. Boy this game is fussy and buggy.
rev rico

Post by rev rico »

and its back!

Can't post save game as the upload link won't allow it.

I may just pack WIF up and count it as a $ loss for now. [:(]
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You can post anything if you zip it first.
Paul
rev rico

Post by rev rico »

Here's the game save
Attachments
bugsave.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: rev rico

Here's the game save

Hi,

I loaded the game, ended the naval movement phase, tried to initiate combat in the Solomons, and could progress into the Strat Bomb phase of the German.
1. Should I do something other than above to experience what you have? Should I let the sub combat search succeed? Should I send out the TRS which have not moved yet?
2. Which version are you playing? It is shown in the top bar on the first "splash" screen you see when starting MWiF.

Regards,

Lex
rev rico

Post by rev rico »

Really?

1. I tried the bug save game just now and it happened when the IJN sub initiated combat, committed subs, but the search failed. Then the empty Naval About Queue popped up. It seems to happen when I initiate combat but the search doesn't succeed or combat is avoided. This save is one example. I just had it happen again a turn later with the same Japan Naval Abort Queue popping up even though it was an Italian British unsuccessful naval search.

2. version 1.07
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

I doubt that the version influences this, but going to 1.1.8.2 is fine, I think.

I know the game reacts funny when autosaves fail, but that does not explain the empty naval queue. As I don't get it it is not the gamesave, but the difference in the game itself. I used the beta version of 1.1.8.2

I have two pieces of advice, of which the latter I hate to receive myself: try upgrading to the latest version first. I that doesn't help, do a complete reinstall. I have no other explanation than that your install could be slightly damaged.

Perhaps others reading this have other ideas.
rev rico

Post by rev rico »

A complete re-install worked.[:)]
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

A complete re-install worked.[:)]

Thanks for the feedback. [;)]
Enjoy the game.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Really?

1. I tried the bug save game just now and it happened when the IJN sub initiated combat, committed subs, but the search failed. Then the empty Naval About Queue popped up. It seems to happen when I initiate combat but the search doesn't succeed or combat is avoided. This save is one example. I just had it happen again a turn later with the same Japan Naval Abort Queue popping up even though it was an Italian British unsuccessful naval search.

2. version 1.07
Somewhere along the line I added code to check for an empty Naval Abort Queue and ignore it. I don't remember the circumstances that might have generated the attempt to move units out of an empty abort queue - but the code change solved the problem.

---

However, if you encounter this again using version 1.1.7.2 or higher, please let us know.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”