a questio about supply

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

schascha

a questio about supply

Post by schascha »

I don't understand why the panzer received so little fuel while his HQ has 228 fuel dump
??
This game is playing with le last patch
morvael

RE: a questio about supply

Post by morvael »

Your HQ was too far away from rail supply in supply subphase 1 (my guess it was over 25 hexes). After rail was repaired the HQ got most what it wanted in supply subphase 2. Unfortunately, on-map units assigned to such HQ won't get those supplies, thus they will remain at the HQ (to be used in next logistics phase).
schascha

Post by schascha »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Your HQ was too far away from rail supply in supply subphase 1 (my guess it was over 25 hexes). After rail was repaired the HQ got most what it wanted in supply subphase 2. Unfortunately, on-map units assigned to such HQ won't get those supplies, thus they will remain at the HQ (to be used in next logistics phase).

I don't understand the logic behind this.

The fuel dumps are stocked in the HQ and I don't understand why the distribution to the units depends on the distance to the rail repaired.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Imagine the supplies delayed 3-4 days, to the end of the week. There is simply no time to send it further down the chain to units in the field.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Thus far nothing new. What I, and I assume Schascha, are wondering is why the HQ only distributed 2 out of the 142 fuel that it had in the 1st logistics phase, before it got 88 more in the 2nd. Shouldn't it have sent out almost all it had?
morvael

Post by morvael »

I would like to know this too. Maybe HQs out of supply range do not want to part with their stocks? That would be a bug.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Could you show screenshots from Commander's Report for that HQ and it's subordinate units? For all phases and modes (so it will be several screenshots or you will have to "glue" many pictures into one).
morvael

Post by morvael »

Couldn't replicate this in my test scenario. HQ gave all that it had in subphase 1. Of the amount it got in subphase 2, it supplied support units and itself and the rest was retained as stockpiles. Maybe supply details from Commander's Report will help me a bit with this issue. Maybe you dropped air supply on the HQ at start of turn?
morvael

Post by morvael »

162 - 16 = 146

Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (158.53 KiB) Viewed 118 times
schascha

Post by schascha »

Sorry Morvael, I didn't read your posts before.

If you're interested, the turn in question:http://www.petit-fichier.fr/2014/04/20/stef-2-tour-6/
morvael

Post by morvael »

Thanks, do you have the autosave from AI turn that preceded this save's logistics phase?
schascha

Post by schascha »

Sorry but I didn't find out it.
schascha

Post by schascha »

Oh I understand why.

I played another game after this one and the file was overwrite.
morvael

Post by morvael »

So even the save from your previous turn was lost? Too bad. We'll have to wait until this will repeat.
schascha

Post by schascha »

Hi Morvael,

I have the previous turn but when I did the save I didn't do yet the moves of the part of front in question.
Sorry but I didn't take the time to replicate the moves:

http://www.petit-fichier.fr/2014/04/24/stef-2-tour-5/
morvael

Post by morvael »

For me the solution is as follows: you captured a lot of fuel and supply from Soviet routed units and HQs and airbases and captured cities in the Konotop area. Those dumps show as damaged in the HQ details screen at the end of turn they were captured. Those dumps are not useable in the next logistics phase as they are "repaired" after supply phase. Thus, after your units resupplied from the HQ in a normal way (in this case they didn't, as the HQ was too far from railhead), the dumps were "repaired" and so some were discarded and some added to "READY" dumps. This in turn, led you to a false conclusion when you started next turn, that there were some unused dumps that weren't properly distributed during the logistics phase.

Attachments
captures.jpg
captures.jpg (142.52 KiB) Viewed 118 times
schascha

Post by schascha »

Very clever explanation !!![X(]

I wouldn't abuse on your time but I have another case for you (no airdrop of course):

This time, I have all the files:

http://www.petit-fichier.fr/2014/05/05/save-turn-002-6-26-1941-so/

http://www.petit-fichier.fr/2014/05/05/shampagne-tour-2/

http://www.petit-fichier.fr/2014/05/05/shampagne-tour-3/

Really I try to understand how the supply works but I can't.

For exemple:
I have a unit out of range of this HQ. It didn't receive fuel in phase 1 but received some in phase 2, while the others units in this area but in range of their HQ received no fuel in phase 2.
I can't understand why. You can find this case at PSKOV in the same file.

EDIT: The answer at the last question is in the manual,[&:]

thx by advance [&o]

morvael

Post by morvael »

According to the rules, units out of range of their HQ can get (50% under normal difficulty setting, unless the unit is an airbase or a construction unit) supplies in phase 2 individually, as if they were HQs themselves (so with a 25 hex/100 MP to rail limit). The original rules doesn't allow units in range of their HQ to get supplies in phase 2, even if they got nothing in phase 1, because the HQ was too far away from the railhead (the only exception are support units assigned to the HQ unit and the HQ unit itself). Currently, I am experimenting with a change for 1.08 that will allow combat units to get supply from their HQ in phase 2 if they didn't recieve anything in phase 1 with the same reduction of 50% as exists for units tracing supply outside HQ range. It seemed a bit unfair to units inside HQ range to have harder to resupply than units operating alone.

Return to “The War Room”