Guess the tanks 1:78 model tanks

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lowpe

Guess the tanks 1:78 model tanks

Post by Lowpe »

Two tanks face off in the jungle grasses somewhere...can you id the tanks? Unfortunately, the Allied tank still has desert camo on...

These are 1:78 or something like that models my son made and painted.

Attachments
matilda.jpg
matilda.jpg (101.3 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Erkki

RE: Guess the tanks 1:78 model tanks

Post by Erkki »

Could be Chi-He and Matilda?
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Chi-He! I sense a typo. Matilda is definitely correct and Chi-Ha is your intent I am sure.[:)]

Can't stump this crowd...well done. They are god awful small tanks.
Erkki

Post by Erkki »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Chi-He! I sense a typo. Matilda is definitely correct and Chi-Ha is your intent I am sure.[:)]

Can't stump this crowd...well done. They are god awful small tanks.

Yeah Chi-Ha and not He... The bulge in the front armor is I think unique. [:)]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

This is the US Army. Your son appears to have exactly what we're looking for. Please ask him to report for duty and bring his tanks with him.

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Two tanks face off in the jungle grasses somewhere...can you id the tanks? Unfortunately, the Allied tank still has desert camo on...

These are 1:78 or something like that models my son made and painted.

Those are very nice looking paint jobs! How old is your son? I'm guessing they are either 1/76 or 1/72nd scale or what is typically called "HO". I've never really heard of 1/78th before. I seem to recall Airfix used to make a 1/76th scale Matilda. Not sure what the Chi Ha kit might be.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Sorry, my inattention to detail or bad memory. They are Airfix 1:76.

My youngest son -- he is 17 and just took the SATs today. We have a head to head game going with him as Japan...fun times.[:)]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Nice work.

HO scale is 1/87.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I use to buy HO scale models all the time when I was young, About 1 to 2 hundred years ago.[:D][:D][:D] Had a lot of fun with them. GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
MikeS4269

Post by MikeS4269 »

My youngest son -- he is 17 and just took the SATs today. We have a head to head game going with him as Japan...fun times.[:)]

You have a live-in WitP AE opponent? [8D] That is soooooo cool!
MikeS
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

This is the US Army. Your son appears to have exactly what we're looking for. Please ask him to report for duty and bring his tanks with him.

Well, my oldest got his start this way and will be a 2nd Lt. in a few short weeks. Never should have taken him to Aberdeen Proving Grounds when he was six. [:)]

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: lb4269
You have a live-in WitP AE opponent? [8D] That is soooooo cool!

Yes, we play head to head. Probably about the only one in the world I bet. Watching the replay together is a lot of fun. [:D]

BTW, we had to speed the messages up, because if your floatplanes don't fly on ships at sea you get a centered message on an empty hex of water and this would warn the other side of raids and locations of ships. But other than that it is all fun.

So far he crushed the PI really swiftly by allocating extra troops there, pulled off a Mersing, but hasn't taken Singers or DEI yet but will shortly. He is proceeding very conservatively, massing his logistics and forces to win overwhelming victories. Game date is Feb something 1942.

Allies manage to get a carrier strike in at Rabaul getting some cheap cargo ships, the Boise bounced another cargo task force between Truk and Tokyo, and the Dutch put up good action off Sinkiawing.

Japan has managed to torpedo the POW, pound the Marblehead and Houston and sink two AMC of Ominato, plus the usual submarine losses.

Interesting game...he is definitely going for historical expansion which bodes well for the long term viability of the game. My other son would be in OZ or India by now racing tank columns around....

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”