Oil Chit Bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

tacfire

Oil Chit Bug

Post by tacfire »

THE PROBLEM: The oil chits on the map always show only 1 saved oil point in any location, no matter how many oil points are actually saved in that city.
Moreover, the Production Summary Screen only counts the saved oil chits on the map, and not the actual oil points that saved in the cities.

You can see this problem in the attached zip file. If you look at the oil chits on the map for Germany, they show that Germany has 1 oil point saved in 11 different cities.
However, if you click on any oil resource in the production planning screen and try to save it in a new location, a new menu will pop up showing the different locations where the oil resources can be saved to.

When you look at this screen you will see there are actually 2 oil points saved in three different cities: Berlin, Brno and Stettin. But these oil resources are not shown on the map, and the production summary screen is not counting these extra oil points.
Attachments
Oil_Chit_Bug.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
tacfire

RE: Oil Chit Bug

Post by tacfire »

BUMPING THIS POST - BELOW ARE SOME IMAGES TO DEMONSTRATE THE PROBLEM:

In the first attached image, the on-map oil chit in Berlin is showing ONE saved oil in Berlin.

Attachments
Oil_Chit_1b.jpg
Oil_Chit_1b.jpg (372.1 KiB) Viewed 91 times
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

However, there are actually TWO oil points saved in Berlin, not one.
You can easily see this in the second image which shows the interface window that pops up when you try to save an oil resource to a different location.

Attachments
Oil_Chit_2b.jpg
Oil_Chit_2b.jpg (353.3 KiB) Viewed 91 times
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

Thus, the on-map oil chits are incorrect. They always show one oil point saved in a city, now matter how many actual oil points are really saved there.

And here is the problem I think: the production screen for Germany only totals the oil points that are shown on map with oil chits (11).
The production screen total does not count the real oil points that are actually saved in the cities (15).

In the 3rd image attached with this post. You can see that the German production screen is only showing 11 oil saved at start.

Attachments
Oil_Chit_3b.jpg
Oil_Chit_3b.jpg (358.75 KiB) Viewed 88 times
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

About 6 weeks have passed since my original post

Not even a comment?

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

This should be tackled in the current production focus.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: tacfire

About 6 weeks have passed since my original post

Not even a comment?

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Sorry for the lack of response. I did download your saved game and entered the problem in my task list under Oil bugs. I'll look at it as part of the Production Planning bugs I'm working on now.

I solved a similar problem concerning build points last week - hopefully this is the same thing. There is a lot of common code for saved oil points and saved build points, but they have enough differences that in many places I cloned and modified the code for one to create the code for the other. The biggest difference is that saved oil points are part of setup for some scenarios. That means the player gets to "pick them up" and move them to a different location during setup. Truly a real pain to code.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

This is not a bug. The oil points shown on the map have already been saved (in a previous turn). The counts shown for each city on the Save Oil form include those oil points that have been designated to be saved at that location at the end of the current turn.

For instance, assume that you have no saved oil at all and designate Berlin as a location at which you want to save an oil point (say, one received from the USSR). The Save Oil form would show zero oil points saved there. If you then decide to save a second oil point in Berlin, that form would show that there is one point in Berlin. The Detailed Map would not show any oil points in Berlin because the execution of the oil actually being saved in Berlin won't happen until the end of the turn: after the Search and Seizure phase, which follows the Final Production Planning phase.
Steve

tacfire

Post by tacfire »

I still believe this is a bug. I played the game forward a couple turns, saving oil in berlin, and careful not to spend that oil during the reorganization step.
No matter what I do, Berlin still shows only 1 oil resource on the map. Please try yourself to play the game forward and see if you can get the map to accumulate more than one oil point in Berlin. I can not - no matter what I do.

Attached is the zip file.
Attachments
Oil_Chit_bug_2.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

EDIT: See post below
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

Here is a screenshot of the game 2 turns later, even after saving oil in Berlin, and not being careful to not spend the Berlin oil during the reorganization step, the game map still shows only 1 Oil resource there!
I still believe this is a bug. If it is not, please play this turn forward and show me that you can save more than one oil point on the map.

(Note: the game zip file is attached in this thread 2 posts above).

Attachments
Oil_chit_bug_5.jpg
Oil_chit_bug_5.jpg (308.01 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Braig

Post by Braig »

I have this problem as well. Currently, I'm overriding each turn to a different location, as I also believe that oil is not only not displaying correctly, but also seems to be disappearing.
Shannon V. OKeets

I have fixed this in version 1.2.0.11. It had to do with changes I made recently with Saved Build Points. I want to see if the beta testers can find anything wrong with saving Oil and Build points - oddly enough that code is far more complex that one would think it should be.
Steve

gautebirkeli

Post by gautebirkeli »

Where do I find 1.2.0.11 for download?
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: gautebirkeli

Where do I find 1.2.0.11 for download?

that is just a beta test update..

it will soon be included in a public patch.
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

Return to “Tech Support”