weird behaviour during in flight refueling

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Plutone

weird behaviour during in flight refueling

Post by Plutone »

hello, I'm new the game and was just following the first tutorial but something strange happens (both in build 519 and 521):
at some point the F14A, NE-102 start doing in flight refueling and appear to get stucked on the tanker KA-6D, NE-513
in this saves you can see the tanker is returnig to base because out of fuel itself and the F14 still attached for refueling (even after landing).
If you let the scenario running you'll see the same thing happens to the second tanker and near the end some F14 start crashing because they run out of fuel.

see the attached saved game

Ciao
Riccardo
Attachments
refueling_oddities.zip
(77.12 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Plutone

RE: weird behaviour during in flight refueling

Post by Plutone »

so nobody else have noticed this behaviour?

ciao
Riccardo
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

There can be all sorts if glitches with air-refueling. I bet it's really difficult to program to take account all situations. I have had bit similar things (and worse) happen in earlier builds when tankers run out of fuel.

I think there is good reason to keep an eye on units refuelling and use U (unassign) key manually if necessary.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Plutone

Post by Plutone »

Ok, thank you, I'll do as you suggested.

Ciao
Riccardo
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Logged. Thanks!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Fixed. You should see it on the next public release.
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

Sunburn, Mike,

One more thing I noticed is that when I order a group to refuel, they appear to join the tanker and the tanker disappears off the map (can't select it) until the refueling is done. If this is intended, I can understand the logic. The problem arose when I had four groups in the air and I was searching for my tanker and it appeared to be gone.

I think we need a single thread on refueling!! You guys are amazing. I've never owned a game where the developers take this much time with the fans. Thanks!

Jorge
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks Jorge

Pretty sure we did this so players wouldn't goof up the refueling process. D can confirm.

If you have a hard time selecting it try the space and backspace keys to pan through you units or use the o key to call the order of battle dialog which will let you select it.

Mike
Plutone

Post by Plutone »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Fixed. You should see it on the next public release.

Very appreciated, thanks

Return to “Tech Support”