Possible bug with editor relating to colony development level

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Osito

Possible bug with editor relating to colony development level

Post by Osito »

I've been playing around with the game editor and have noticed that there may be a colony development bug in colonies created via the game editor.

For example, set up a new game as the humans at "normal" starting tech level (i.e. the one after prewarp), so you have the basic colonisation tech.

- Go into the editor and find a nearby continental planet to colonise.

- Edit a colony ship near the planet.

- Come out of the editor and go back into game to allow colonisation to take place.

- Go back into the editor and change the population to 500 million.

- Come out of the editor and let the game run a few seconds on x4 to update the colony development.

- Go back into the editor and change the population to something else.

- Come out of the editor and let the game run a few seconds on x4 to update the colony development.

By this time you should find that the minimum base development is 50%, and the colony can get 100% development with 500 million population even on a planet with no luxuries. The maximum ought to be 50%.

It's as if the luxury resources at the starting colony are contributing towards the development on the new colony. Possibly that's the way it's supposed to work (in which case please let me know), but I thought the luxuries had to be in stock on the colony to get the benefit.

Note it seems to be the subsequent editing of the populating which is the problem. As long as you don't go back and edit the figure after colonisation, it seems to run correctly.

Possibly this will all become moot in DW:U, depending on what has been done with the editor.

I have a save game, if needed.

Osito
Osito

Return to “Tech Support”