No combat phase if no field combat?

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

ulver

Post by ulver »

How the heck am I suppose to assault cities and fortresses then? Mind you it works fine if there is a field combat somewhere – I can then manually order the siege rolls then and assault when I get a breach I assault.

However I can’t seem to siege anything since I don’t get a combat phase if there is no field combat. Basically I need to assault a corps somewhere
pzgndr

RE: No combat phase if no field combat?

Post by pzgndr »

You have to actually move a force "into" the city during the movement phase to besiege it; then it shows up during the combat phase asking you if you want to assault the city or not.  So, first move a force into the area, and then move it into the city.  See 10.4.3. 
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
ulver

Post by ulver »

Me love you long time!!!!

Thanks, it was making me crazy not being able to siege cities. This is a great game albeit with a tricky interface. Do I get some sort of notification when moving a corps on top of an enemy held city?
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

A picture from page 34 of Murat's tutorial (available as a pdf in the Members Downloads area) is worth a thousand words. Note the two French corps beseiging cities; a white square appears in the upper left of the unit counter to indicate it is "in" the city as opposed to being "out" in the field area. Ditto for ships in ports, they're either "in" the port or "blockading" the port. Hope this helps.

Attachments
Besige example.jpg
Besige example.jpg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”