Naval Combat Charts

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Zorachus99

Naval Combat Charts

Post by Zorachus99 »

The naval combat charts have to be the most aggravating form in the game for me.

The reason is simple: I can't do anything if I am looking at the chart.

A real use case would go something like this...

Hmm.. I see 27 ships in port, I'll do a naval and contest as many zones as possible.

Ok, lets setup a little task force for here, so, I need 20 surface factors, and 5 ships? Check the chart. Oh wait how many ships do I have to save? Agh, I have to close the chart. So I have how many ships? Crap, check the hex. Ok, now what was I doing? Right, was that the right number of ships? Open that chart. Ok, it has to be 7 ships and 28 factors for the best effect. Close the chart. Ok, ships moved. Ok now the other two zones...

Just one example. It's horribly difficult to plan naval moves with that form, because you can't do a damn thing in the game with it open. I really would have been happy if you included one of the laminated charts from the game. [:)]

For now I've worked around by making a screenshot, and use paint to reference the chart.

Request: At some point can you make the naval combat results chart allowed to be open and still play the game?

It would make using the UI much easier. Maybe an official MWIF PDF with all the game charts? I wonder if this has already been done...
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
AxelNL

RE: Naval Combat Charts

Post by AxelNL »

This can be found in the Manuals folder of your game directory. Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments
2014_04_27..e_Reader.jpg
2014_04_27..e_Reader.jpg (927.09 KiB) Viewed 48 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Sure, just open it as a PDF and flip back and forth from it using the task bar buttons. Personally I have the 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 29 and 39 breakpoints memorized, but do have to look for A2S and Subs and AA, and the higher numbers of surface factors.

Edit: You also spend a lot of time looking at that chart when determining how to apply surprise points and almost all naval battles have surprise points to apply...
Paul
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

You are a king, a saint amongst chart users, thank you kind sir!
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Tech Support”