Putting your tanks into ambush mode?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
vobbnobb

Putting your tanks into ambush mode?

Post by vobbnobb »

I know what ambushing troops do, generally they wait & hide for enemy to approach 30meters ? before they open fire. Not sure on pitf though.

But now to the tank ambush (green arc), what does ambushing a tank do? It seems they see more troops moving in buildings? Do m10 wolverine and m8 scotts (open carriage guys) hide better from incoming fire such as mg/mortars? The reason I say this is because I notice they behave differently when in ambush mode. Some are not so pinned or suppressed anymore when put into ambush and survival rating is higher. Do they move into better cover in tank away from viewing slits etc?
TIK

RE: Putting your tanks into ambush mode?

Post by TIK »

In most situations, put your tanks on Defend. The only reason I ever put tanks on ambush is when I want them to stop firing at a target - e.g. they're firing at some infantry, they've got them suppressed enough for my guys to assault them, and I want to conserve ammo.

As far as I'm aware, ambushing tanks doesn't increase their awareness, but I could be wrong. I've never used them in that way. However, your infantry should be the eyes of your tanks. Since your infantry are better at viewing the battlefield, let your infantry spot the enemy then bring your tanks in to play.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

I've noticed that ATGs set to Ambush are overall generally harder for the enemy to spot and often get off a fine kill shot first; I can't say with certainty that I've noticed the same for AFVs however - although they do seem harder to spot, I'm uncertain about that first shot or two before their muzzle flares become the equivalent of

Cheers,
Oz
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

Can anyone confirm this?

Could tank crews use their ears more in ambush mode? No engine running? Could it be in ambush mode the reason tanks are harder to spot is because crews are not manned outside on coax mgs etc in ambush? Forces ai in buildings to move more if they don't see crew outside? The "enemy spotted" amount seems to go up when parked a 30-50 meters away from buildings in tank ambush mode also. Try it guys park next to a building with enemy soldiers and tick ambush you won't believe how many you will see try to sneak out, etc. Even open turret tanks greyhound m8 wolverine m20 protected from grenades and mg fire in ambush mode near buildings and out in open, watch there status changed from coward and pinned to no target in green arc ambush mode. They have to be hiding in tank..
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Putting vehicles on ambush does not make them spot better. It does make the vehicle slightly harder to spot, though.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”