Survey: Aircraft Attrition for Full Map Scenarios

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GaryChildress

Survey: Aircraft Attrition for Full Map Scenarios

Post by GaryChildress »

I'm looking for volunteers for a survey I'm trying to put together on average aircraft attrition for full map scenarios. The reason for the survey is to see if there is any kind of average rate of attrition of various aircraft types from different games from different gamers with different gaming styles so that I can determine what I want to set monthly production at in a kind of balanced chess-like mod I'm working on (otherwise known as the Plan 8-8-8 From Outerspace mod). Also other scenario designers may find this information useful as I will post a running tally of the results in this thread in a spreadsheet at the bottom of the OP.

To participate in the survey all you need to do is either post in this thread or PM the following information from your grand campaign to me (doesn't matter which grand campaign or which mod but I would like to exclude partial map scenarios, only full map scenarios):

1. Which side you are playing (Axis or Allies) and whether you are playing PBEM or against the AI.

2. The Current date you are at in the campaign.

3. The date your scenario started.

4. The name of the scenario.

5. Total Losses by Aircraft Type: This can be done by going to the intel screen, choose Aircraft Losses, make sure it is toggled to the side you are playing (example "Allied Aircraft" or else "Japanese Aircraft"). SORT BY AIRCRAFT TYPE A-Z, not by # lost. Take a screen shot, then scroll down to the next page of aircraft types and take another screen shot until you've covered all aircraft types lost in your game. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TABULATE ANYTHING, just send me the series of screen shots and I will do the leg work.

As I receive results I'll post them below:

Attachments
Air Stats 2.gif
Air Stats 2.gif (30.66 KiB) Viewed 26 times
GaryChildress

RE: Survey: Aircraft Attrition for Full Map Scenarios

Post by GaryChildress »

I'm going to modify my original request a bit: I received a spreadsheet from one person so far from WitP Tracker showing aircraft losses by type. This data is in the PERFECT format for my spreadsheet. I'm not familiar with Tracker, however, if you use it I would prefer it to the screenshot method mentioned in #5 above.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

As promised I've posted the first set of stats which I've received from people so far in the OP.  [:)]

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Latest results posted. I'm splitting the table into Allies and Axis.

So far I've only gotten 4 responders. Don't be shy... [8D]
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Gary,

We are playing a custom enhanced Japan Mod PBEM Aug 20, 1944 (Turn 988). Empire statistics would not be comparable, since they have a substantially expanded capability. The allies are stock, so their losses are, considering the empire has more of everything...

Allied air losses 14,081 or 14.3 per day.

Tracker doesn't work on my laptop, and I don't know how to extract the data with the mass update utility, so I cannot say what the mix is, unless someone can tell me how to extract without using my pencil and calculator.
Andy M
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Hi Andy,

If you can take a series of screen shots as outlined in step #5 of the OP then that would work. Otherwise no worries. If it isn't a simple matter then I don't expect anyone to sit there with a pen and paper and spend an hour writing everything down. This is just for fun and whatever useful information may come out of it.[:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”