When France Falls

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Auchinleck

When France Falls

Post by Auchinleck »

Please follow this closely. After establishing Vichy, I am in the Move French Naval Allied Subphase. I have been allowed to rebase all ships that were in French ports when France fell, to Free French/Vichy ports, with the exception of one French Cruiser, the Lamotte-Picquet. The Lamotte-Picquet was stationed in French Indo China until it fell to the Japanese before the fall of France. When Indo China fell, I was forced to rebase the L-P, and the nearest base the game allowed me to rebase the cruiser to was Surabaya, in the Netherlands East Indies (NED). When the Netherlands fell, I aligned them with the CW. The last ship I'm being told to rebase is the L-P, but I've tried every conceivable French and CW port, and it is not allowing me to rebase. I cannot progress the game as a result.
Ur_Vile_WEdge

RE: When France Falls

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Should have enough range to get to New Caledonia.

EDIT: One thing that's occurring to me, and I have no idea if this is right or not, but maybe it's thinking you have to rebase the L-P to the nearest French controlled hex. That would be one of the more western islands in the Coral sea, I think. Of course, none of them have ports, so you can't go there. Maybe that's what's confusing it?
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Thank you. Because you were spot on! New Caledonia worked. It's becoming obvious to me that I can't tell a game glitch to just my unfamiliarity with what the game is prompting me to do. Slightly embarassing if I cry wolf, when there is no wolf.[:D]
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

When trying to rebase naval units and you're not able to figure out where they can go, check the message prompt in the Main form (I think it gives location of the closest port). Or, try F11 - which is undocumented but lists all the possible destinations for naval units "in hand" (i.e., currently selected).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”