Move Non-French Land & Air Units

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

I've just created Vichy France at the start of a new turn. I've moved 2 German units that were in Vichy territory just outside of it, in what the following directions must be referring to as he 'Relocate Stack'. I have 2 more units left to do the same with, but the game is not giving me anywhere on the map to put them, so I cannot proceeed past the Move Non-French Land & Air Units phase. Now what?

During this subphase MWIF moves all non-French land and air units that are in Vichy controlled hexes to the
Relocate Stack. Once all such units have been placed in the Relocate Stack, MWIF executes a Relocate
digression so the major powers that own those units can move them to the nearest friendly hex.

After the Relocate digression has been completed, the game advances to the next subphase.
markb50k

RE: Move Non-French Land & Air Units

Post by markb50k »

How do you know its not giving you a place to put them.  the only valid location may be overseas, you need to keep checking every possible location.

(I think the status message mentions where is the nearest valid hex)

This is my experience.
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

I'm experiencing that this is a particularly 'buggy' phase of the game. After reloading a save, I was able to place the units outside of Vichy France, where it had just previously not allowed me to. That was a game glitch of some kind, not anything that I was doing wrong.

markb50k

Post by markb50k »

Good. Then you do pretty much the same thing I do when I get something wierd.

Sure, this game has some involved code, maybe overly complex yeah, but overall it works. I still havent run across something that made me stop a game (I guess I've been lucky)

Return to “World in Flames”