[B517] SA2c/Radar Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

acbennett3

[B517] SA2c/Radar Problem

Post by acbennett3 »

Built a quick Cuban Missile Crisis SAM Strike mission with x12 F100D's vs Cuban SA2c batteries to test new air mission stuff. F100s came it at 200ft below the SA2c min alt but then I popped them up to 36k ft after their attack and flew them directly over the batteries. No SAMs fired and when I tried to manually target the F100s the SA2c batteries were still reporting the F100s under minimum alt (they were at 36k).

As a control test I then created a B47 at 36k ft off the coast - when it came in range the SA2c batteries automatically started firing.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
Santayana
mikmykWS

RE: [B517] SA2c/Radar Problem

Post by mikmykWS »

What was the timing with your alt change?

The game does do scan rates with radars so it they hadn't updated yet it may not have known the target was legal. Do you remember any count down numbers being next to it 2sec etc.

M
acbennett3

Post by acbennett3 »

I actually flew the F100's at 36k back and forth a few times (5min?) but the SA2c's never saw the altitude change during the entire time - thought they were still low.

Going to run a few more tests while I build the scenario.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
Santayana
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Okay, from memory...

The Spoon Rest search radar grouped with the SA-2 bn is a 2D radar that lacks heigh-finding capabilities. The Fan Song FCR has height-finding capabilities but is used as little as possible to save it from ARM shots. So the contacts do not have their altitude updated since there are no sensors available that can determine the altitude.

Please try to add a 3D radar or a HF radar, and see if things work better [8D]

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”