Air transporting and paradropping Tigers.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Djouk

Air transporting and paradropping Tigers.

Post by Djouk »

Sorry but i resume in this answer all i had to say now about this game that has become unplayable except against IA.

I had some bad feelings on latest patchs since months and i recognized it became very hard, nearly impossible to play soviets in 41-end 42 against some players where my army had became ridiculous compared axis on historical
perspectives.
Playing soviets, i was victim of super panzers making incredible breakthroughs fighting with no fatigue and impossible logistic... But unable to do that by my own playing axis. Ok i assumed i was simply bad, but septic.
It's great to make new patchs changing SDKFZ254 by the real historical SDKFZ254g, and discussing combat rules... but this become useless when you know this buildup method :

With first aid of a member of this forum i tested this method which works :

1. Move a unit from a HQ you want to buildup, i recommend only 1 hex of the unit most in the rear to avoid interdiction which unable undo move.
2. Go BuildUp the HQ.
3. Undo last move.
4. Until now all is normal because admin points go back.
5. But at the start of next turn your HQ has buildup for free !
6. You can do that as many time you want in a turn. This affects your motor pool but give you super powers... [&o]
7. No doubt that with all more prisoners and vehicules you can take your motor pool isn't so much affected

An other exploit i found is to edit an original scenario/campaign, then "exploiting" parameters and saving it and to propose it as the original on game server for the hosting player.
For exotics original scenarios just edit for example Campaign 41/45 then modify it save it and propose it on server. You can rename but to lure just use the same name than the orignal. Restriction is that other players must have
your extensions.

An other "funnies" :
I was rather well holding in pripet marsches. Then without axis breakthrough or any intrusion of enemy units in my rears and a good supply rail line all my units in marsches where surrounded by enemies ZOC and rails lines destroyed ... and so loosing marsches next turn...
May this be result of using HQ build every where on axis front at the same time !?!

For example I suspect an opponent to have increased growth of its forces, so at the end of 1942 he had more than 4 000 000 german soldiers even loosing nearly 2 000 000. Sorry but all become possible after that.
Moreover how to explain that in this same 41/45 bitter end campaign i had not a single SU-2 dive bomber and i have these in the new one ?!

Even not being a tester, i also remember i could air drop tigers in the past, no more possible now but i can still air drop normal infanterie in my own lines...

For the next patch it would be greater to allow multiple selections of support units for faster transfers to other hq : a huge gain in time for players.

Until all this not corrected it's useless playing multiplayer except to have fun to meet a cheater who believes you don't know what he's doing.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”