Where do we stand ?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

nukkxx5058

Where do we stand ?

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hello,
I gave up the game some months ago because I didn't find it enough polished despite a huge potential. But now some time has passed by and I'm wondering what's going on ?
I would appreciate if someone could give me the links to update my version with the best current patches/mods in order to have the latest evolution for sounds + DB pictures + of course a bugs free game.
Thank you in advance !
nukkxx
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Dimitris

RE: Where do we stand ?

Post by Dimitris »

Does that mean you missed Command being repeatedly crowned Best Wargame of 2013?
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

At the end the day do you think this game will be ever be finished? Just like the development of real aircraft,ships, land weapons and submarines NUP it won't be. I've had this game on my hard drive near on a year now, and I don't think many days have gone by that I haven't tinkered with it. Can't remember what I paid for it, but the cheapest entertainment I've ever purchased as far as $ per hours usage goes. Streets ahead of Harpoon.
By the way for the latest update check at the top of this page!!
Formerly Goodwood

Veracity

Post by Veracity »

It's polished and gleaming with shine now!
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

Based on your last post: I'm craving a realistic WW3 grand strategy game, I would say that this is close. I like the game and it always appears to be promising. It is scenario based, no grand campaign and no GEO-Political AI. I would say it is naval warfare as it has developed over the last 70 years and beyond. The units and weapons are well defined, for each era, in the databases and the AI is OK but getting better with each release. The scenario designer can overcome some of the AI weaknesses to make scenarios interesting to all. It is holding my interest as i am attempting to create a series of scenarios around a single unit. There are many scenarios of differing complexity and difficulties as they are mostly created by the players. There are many scenario types and the user base is trying to be creative so there is are different flavors of scenario/games for everyone. I played a few of the larger scenarios but, to date, they do not hold my interest as it seams there is always too much micro management of aircraft. The support here is excellent and responsive. I will be staying with it for a while.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

How about a little self-service. Try looking at the top of the page for updates and there is a whole set of threads on db pictures.

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Hello,
I gave up the game some months ago because I didn't find it enough polished despite a huge potential. But now some time has passed by and I'm wondering what's going on ?
I would appreciate if someone could give me the links to update my version with the best current patches/mods in order to have the latest evolution for sounds + DB pictures + of course a bugs free game.
Thank you in advance !
nukkxx
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Does that mean you missed Command being repeatedly crowned Best Wargame of 2013?

LOL, no, no, I just meant what I meant ... :-) nothing more ...
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

Long day and an off moment. I missed the question. Owe well. Onward.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

I looked you up and got into your old post and I responded to that. It was such a good topic on gaming, I wasn't thinking and responded to the older post. Like I said long day.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

LOL, no, no, I just meant what I meant ... :-) nothing more ...

Everybody strikes out now and again[:)]
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hello,
Thank you in advance !
nukkxx

Well, I;m still waiting for some links to help me update to the current best patch/mods ...
But if you prefer discuss the reasons why I gave up the game 6 months ago, no problem. It won't help me but we might have fun ...
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: mcp5500

Based on your last post: I'm craving a realistic WW3 grand strategy game, I would say that this is close. I like the game and it always appears to be promising. It is scenario based, no grand campaign and no GEO-Political AI. I would say it is naval warfare as it has developed over the last 70 years and beyond. The units and weapons are well defined, for each era, in the databases and the AI is OK but getting better with each release. The scenario designer can overcome some of the AI weaknesses to make scenarios interesting to all. It is holding my interest as i am attempting to create a series of scenarios around a single unit. There are many scenarios of differing complexity and difficulties as they are mostly created by the players. There are many scenario types and the user base is trying to be creative so there is are different flavors of scenario/games for everyone. I played a few of the larger scenarios but, to date, they do not hold my interest as it seams there is always too much micro management of aircraft. The support here is excellent and responsive. I will be staying with it for a while.
I agree. Except that of course, this is not 'grand strategy' but the harpoon-like concept is great.
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

Well, I;m still waiting for some links to help me update to the current best patch/mods ...

The second reply you got was:
ORIGINAL: BASB

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Latest public release: tm.asp?m=3583708

Downloads: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

Bug-free software: https://www.openssl.org/
jdkbph

Post by jdkbph »

Ok that's funny...

... in a sick sort of way.

[X(]

JD
JD
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I thought if I taught a guy to fish...
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Perspective, JD [;)]
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: Pergite!

The second reply you got was:
ORIGINAL: BASB

Yes, thanks. But there is strictly nothing at the top of this page.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Wow, it really needs to spelled out and explicit. You might have chosen the wrong game.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Latest public release: tm.asp?m=3583708

Downloads: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

Bug-free software: https://www.openssl.org/

Thanks ! :-)

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”