Idea to encourage resource trading.

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Unforeseen

Idea to encourage resource trading.

Post by Unforeseen »

I've noticed that at least in games with larger galaxies(more stars, i only play with 1400) that resource trading and the supply and demand system become redundant before it would even be effectively viable to rely on.

I'm thinking that drastically reducing the starting resources of every planet(i know this would be time consuming) may help to stimulate this feature of the game into being more useful, and thus increasing the immersion of the game. Perhaps 3/4s of the starting percentages? It seems like a big number but so are the impossibly huge stockpiles i keep having by the mid game phase.
Unforeseen

RE: Idea to encourage resource trading.

Post by Unforeseen »

Just to reiterate, i don't plan to do this until universe comes out. I understand that it will allow saving and reuse of self made galaxies...so i plan to make a super realistic galaxy using a formula that i was able to develop in order to create planets, moons and stars that are comparable to what their size in real life would be. Which, in fact most planets and moons will actually be considerably smaller than they are in game now. No more 26 billion people on earth for instance. The galaxy will also, hopefully if mechanics allow be larger than the default maximum.

Return to “Design and Modding”