Green LOF through buildings..

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
vobbnobb

Green LOF through buildings..

Post by vobbnobb »

bug

Attachments
pitfbug.jpg
pitfbug.jpg (101.31 KiB) Viewed 130 times
vobbnobb

RE: Green LOF through buildings..

Post by vobbnobb »

no line of fire through open building space

Attachments
nolof.jpg
nolof.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 130 times
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

ORIGINAL: vobbnobb

bug

I don't think this is a bug. Its how the map is coded. The map is a huge collection of tiny squares. Each square has an element assigned to it. In this image, your LOS line is very very close to the corners of the windows. Now the maps graphics are not symmetrical to the coding squares which is why I think the code for window spills partially into the wall.

This could be the case for your second screenshot. However, there is more space to play with. LOS may be attainable from a different angle.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There are several issues in the underlying representation of CC maps that can cause these sorts of issues, and while they are annoying when they happen, they are fairly rare.

The main issue is that the representation of the game world 'beneath' the visual map is made up of square tiles. These do not always align exactly with the visual map. This can produce issues like the second one you've shown, where visually there is nothing blocking the line, but the square tile for one of those building walls is sticking out past the visual edge of the building and blocking the line of sight in game terms.

A second issue is a caveat within the game engine where units can see past obstacles they are very close to -- so in the first example the tank is nearly against the nearest wall of the building, and the game allows the tank to see 'through' the very close obstacle. I suspect that the small tile square for the window in the far wall just happens to be shifted a bit to the left of where it is, visually, on the map, allowing the tank to see out the window even though the LOS line technically looks to be crossing the wall.

I don't know if you're familiar with the 5CC map editor utility (a third-party program) for Close Combat maps? If so you might take a look at the game maps within 5CC and you'll get a better understanding of how the internal representation is not always 100% the same as the visual one -- every attempt is made, but sometimes the hand-drawn maps just do not line up perfectly with the fixed-sized square element tiles that are the smallest unit for representing terrain inside the game engine.

Steve
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

ok that clears things up, thanks guys.
Hetser

Post by Hetser »

Oh WOW! What map is that? ( I can hardly wait to surprise the other guy with it )

Hahhaha
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

It's just showing you a passing vehicle could spot the m8 HMC easy because of all the windows.

Return to “Tech Support”